Owl grabs fish from my pond

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have my LPR cams right on the street above a sidewalk like that too. Very, very few people who have ever looked at them. Mostly those were at night because of the red LEDs. Most people just aren't very aware of their surroundings and especially of anything not expected to be there and even marginally hidden.

The guy in camo with the umbrella head thing is kind of funny. I'm sure the owl will never notice him... hiding behind a car with a ton of other people all around.
These cameras have no lights on at night. In fact, I am going to mount a "coach" light with a 40W LED bulb in daylight at the eave of the roof. This will help with getting betting facial shots at night with more frontal light. Right now, the only light is comming from the side of the heads. I also have the red LED's lit on my four license plate camera's. No lights on at all with the other cameras.

Edit: The owl has not come back this morning. It is a light drizzle and now the hard-core bird watchers have left. All quiet now with not even a mouse moving. hahahaha

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I wanted to see if my PTZ would pick up the owl today. Almost, but not quite. If you look at the center of the picture you will see a palm tree. He is on the grey roof top just to the right of the palm tree. He is obscured by the brown roof to the left of the palm tree.

Camera 2F Owl Reefton.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I did not get any good shots of the owl taking off last night. However, I will point the PTZ in the direction of that house and see what I come up with.

Edit: I came up with nothing.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The people are still coming around. A steady stream. Today she is one street over and on top of a chimney. I think the same one she was at around 5 days ago. I should be able to get a good view of the 5PM lift off this evening.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Just an update. The Snowy owl is still in the neighborhood. Not as many people today because of the light rain. She is currently 4 houses North of me. I am getting to know her habits quite well. I added a street scene.

Onyx Owl 01042023.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
New update: She is now on the roof of the house right across the street from me, right where we first spotted her over 3 weeks ago. I have two PTZ cameras trained on her. Also, the weather has turned out nice this afternoon and the crowd is building up.

Last edited:

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but what happened with all the crows?