Panasonic WV-SC384 issue

laroadrash

n3wb
Reaction score
We use this camera to remotely view long running machine processes on a wire EDM machine. I recently replaced the camera (they DO eventually die...) with the same model, current firmware (V2.50). When in setup mode, I'm attempting to save presets, but the camera doesn't show any image (see the screenshots below). When initially viewing the camera, it prompted to download/install a component for IE/Edge, and the live view works perfectly; one would expect the same component to work in the setup view also.

However, without video, it will be impossible to locate and set the preset positions.

Suggesions??

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When initially viewing the camera, it prompted to download/install a component for IE/Edge, and the live view works perfectly; one would expect the same component to work in the setup view also.
A slight long shot -
If the PC is running an updated build of Win10, starting IE will sneakily transfer into Edge, which may well give some issues with the camera web GUI, despite that it's rendering Live View OK.
There is an option to remain in IE for specific IP addresses (did the IP address change on the new camera / is it DHCP as opposed to static?) which may be worth checking out.
Also - if the IP address did change, and it's really IE as opposed to Edge, add the camera IP address to the 'Trusted Sites' security configuration in IE.

laroadrash

n3wb
Reaction score
It's really running IE, the camera has been added to trusted sites, no change in view. Tried firmware downgrade/camera reset. No joy (and no video at all). Next will go back to latest firmware and reset.

Reaction score
We use this camera to remotely view long running machine processes on a wire EDM machine. I recently replaced the camera (they DO eventually die...) with the same model, current firmware (V2.50). When in setup mode, I'm attempting to save presets, but the camera doesn't show any image (see the screenshots below). When initially viewing the camera, it prompted to download/install a component for IE/Edge, and the live view works perfectly; one would expect the same component to work in the setup view also.

However, without video, it will be impossible to locate and set the preset positions.

Suggesions??

Thanks in advance!
Hello, I found your post wrt WV-SC384 iPro cam. Are you still using this camera? Im having trouble getting it setup. Setup find the camera with MAC and default IP, but I can't do anything as it says the camera is OFFLINE. I had to "fabricate my own 12vdc plug connector ... does the power plug for the camera do anything special besides making the pos and neg voltage connection?
Larry Hazard
602-300-9480

laroadrash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I found your post wrt WV-SC384 iPro cam. Are you still using this camera? Im having trouble getting it setup. Setup find the camera with MAC and default IP, but I can't do anything as it says the camera is OFFLINE. I had to "fabricate my own 12vdc plug connector ... does the power plug for the camera do anything special besides making the pos and neg voltage connection?
Larry Hazard
602-300-9480
Hi Larry,

Sorry that I'd not replied any quicker, but just saw your note on ipcamtalk. To configure the camera, your computer must be on the same network (IP range) as the camera. So, if the default IP for the camera is 192.168.1.100, you will need an IP address in the 192.168.1.x range. Note that in windows, you can have multiple IP addresses on a single network card as long as the primary address is a static IP.