Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, but neither were the over 80,000 deaths from the regular flu in America in 2018. And I should add that is with a Flu Vaccine!

But we also didn’t strip 100s of millions from their jobs in 2018 either.
That's a scary number of deaths from the flu. I tried to see where that came from. The closest I found was the CDC:
1587511528748.png

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a scary number of deaths from the flu. I tried to see where that came from. The closest I found was the CDC:
View attachment 60069
I think by 2018 they mean the 2017-2018 season.

I got it that year despite having been vaccinated, but Tamiflu knocked it right down within 36 hours. My whole family caught it from me, so everybody took the antiviral. Without antivirals this would have been much worse of a flu season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Update: CDC downwardly revised the estimates of flu death for that year. See here:

The final report is here:

Last edited:

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trump said if he did not act and put in place things like social distancing it could be like 2.2 million deaths in America.
When has a influenza overwhelmed your hospitals like it has with Corona Virus?
New York has never seen something this bad before.
Wake up guys, it is bad.
Hospitals have not been overrun.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New york was on the hairy edge of being over run particularly NYC. Without distancing it would have been much worse.

But not overrun--plenty of evidence to support that (that ship sailed). There's plenty about this virus that's unknown--no need to add unnecessary hyperbole to bolster biased arguments.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
View attachment 60069
Read the first paragraph... And remember when you do. That is with a vaccine.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump said if he did not act and put in place things like social distancing it could be like 2.2 million deaths in America.
When has a influenza overwhelmed your hospitals like it has with Corona Virus?
New York has never seen something this bad before.
Wake up guys, it is bad.
So is this you in this picture? ...
social distancing.png

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Not even close.
From various dates:

First one from Fix News ... Sorry, Fox News, in early April so maybe you will believe it:

"New York City currently has close to 52,000 cases of COVID-19 and many hospitals have surpassed bed capacities and are short on necessary medical supplies such as protective N95 masks for medical workers and ventilators for ailing patients. To date, close to 2,000 New Yorkers have died of the virus"

Similar reports from other dates and other sources. They had to set up a field hospital, for gosh sakes...

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So 2,2 million deaths in America is acceptable to you to have kept the economy open?
Contrary to common sense Rocky. 2.2 million deaths was a model prediction--if everyone in the U.S. took absolutely no control measures. And back to your "overrun vs overwhelmed" semantics...please do us all a favor and don't intentionally post fake news.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
and today HIS chief medical people came out against using it. Who would have thought scientists could come to a different conclusion than "I've got a hunch" trump
Okay here is an article

The study was only Black Males? That is interesting.

And they might be HIS advisors now but the were also Obama's advisors. They are career government.

But the report still says not fully conclusive.

But at the time he made those statements as I have stated before he was going on info he had been given and if you honestly listen he was just being hopeful. But that night the Looney left went wild and turned the issue into what it is today.

I can just about hear the Jubilation in leftist news rooms tonight :rolleyes:

Last edited:

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From various dates:

First one from Fix News ... Sorry, Fox News, in early April so maybe you will believe it:

"New York City currently has close to 52,000 cases of COVID-19 and many hospitals have surpassed bed capacities and are short on necessary medical supplies such as protective N95 masks for medical workers and ventilators for ailing patients. To date, close to 2,000 New Yorkers have died of the virus"

Similar reports from other dates and other sources. They had to set up a field hospital, for gosh sakes...

Where did the USNS Comfort go?

Be sure to read the comments on this one too: FAKE NEWS ALERT: NBC News Knowingly Lies About "Coronavirus Hoax" Story

For the past 4 years, the mainstream U.S. media has been lying, sensationalizing, misguiding, misdirecting, omitting, etc., to suit their Anti-Trump agenda--giving us every reason to be suspicious. I have no doubt a few NYC hospitals may have been near capacity at times, and the field hospitals constructed for overflow were hardly used--clearly a failure of NY and NYC leadership.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay here is an article
Hmmm I don't see your post but I'm pretty sure you asked for attribution when I said his top med advisers were advising against his 'hunch'.

Here is a quote from the article and following is the link to it:

A panel of experts convened by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases recommends against doctors using a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for the treatment of COVID-19 patients because of potential toxicities.

"The combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin was associated with QTc prolongation in patients with COVID-19," the panel said.

QTc prolongation increases the risk of sudden cardiac death.

The recommendation against their combined use would seem to fly in the face of comments made by President Trump suggesting the combination might be helpful. On March 21, for example, the president described them in a tweet as having a "real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine."

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. The FDA has moved mountains - Thank You! Hopefully they will BOTH (H works better with A, International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents).....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 21, 2020

You may not like trump the hunch's statement but there it is.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

Where did the USNS Comfort go?

Be sure to read the comments on this one too: FAKE NEWS ALERT: NBC News Knowingly Lies About "Coronavirus Hoax" Story

For the past 4 years, the mainstream U.S. media has been lying, sensationalizing, misguiding, misdirecting, omitting, etc., to suit their Anti-Trump agenda--giving us every reason to be suspicious. I have no doubt a few NYC hospitals may have been near capacity at times, and the field hospitals constructed for overflow were hardly used--clearly a failure of NY and NYC leadership.
It’s just insane their base eats it up. And would defend it as just “depicting”.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
You may not like trump the hunch's statement but there it is.
I posted the actual video of Trumps briefing unedited back a few post.

Like I says he was just being hopeful. Had it been Obama it would not have raised an eyebrow. They saw the opportunity on this one. They bet on it not working, that is why they hammered it in the news the very first night. And have hammered it ever since. And I guarantee you that that report is a big jubilation for them tonight can’t wait to see the news

however, I don’t have time right now but there have been other studies out in the last few days in other countries also that have said that it has proven promising. Nothing is a cure all at this point with this virus. No one ever said that hydroxychloroquine was a cure-all just something that might help you recover or help fight it off.

Are you happy about this report?