Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
In my State an arsonist can be shot, legally, when trying to set a fire. For a long time, before "wokeness", PC and "feelings" rioters could also be shot as they attempted to break into a business. President Trump mentioning this type of fact is just too much for some. If the people in charge in Minnesota had half a brain , and I'm being kind by calling them half brained people, they'd have declared martial law in Minneapolis at the very least and used the National Guard for one of it's main purpose, domestic tranquility.

Drs Fauci and Birx must be very happy though. Most of the rioters were wearing masks and the Mayor was handing more masks out today. What a sensitive guy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my State an arsonist can be shot, legally, when trying to set a fire. For a long time, before "wokeness", PC and "feelings" rioters could also be shot as they attempted to break into a business. President Trump mentioning this type of fact is just too much for some. If the people in charge in Minnesota had half a brain , and I'm being kind by calling the half brained people, they'd have declared martial law in Minneapolis at the very least and used the National Guard for one of it's main purpose, domestic tranquility.

Drs Fauci and Birx must be very happy though. Most of the rioters were wearing masks and the Mayor was handing more masks out today. What a sensitive guy.
Korean business owners during the LA riots in 1992. Some would say to shoot someone stealing is to value your property more than their life. Uhhh... yup. I guess THEY value your property more than their life. As such, I could never assume they have any more value of my life, or any of my family.

1590782652843.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
When the president of the US flies off the handle and spouts false or misleading information, I'm happy it gets tagged with links to the facts.

It would be better if his tweets were fact checked by White House staff before they go out, of course, but then I guess his feed would be much quieter.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Yeah, but libs don't give a shite that Twatter doesn't fact check the garbage coming out of Chinese and Iranian officials...just Trump. AND YOU KNOW IT AND ENDORSE THAT.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I did some face detection analysis today on a number of people in a given time period (from midnight to 5:30pm). This is quite disturbing: 30% of people that walked by were not wearing masks (in that 30%, there were a few people wearing masks but below their chins, not on their mouth and nose; thus leaving their mouth and nostrils exposed). :eek: "Only" 70% of people were wearing masks in the appropriate and lawful manner. :facepalm: It takes just one person to unleash a ripple effect igniting another cluster of COVID-19 cases. Do your part and wear a mask folks! Need we say more?

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I did some face detection analysis today on a number of people in a given time period (from midnight to 5:30pm). This is quite disturbing: 30% of people that walked by were not wearing masks (in that 30%, there were a few people wearing masks but below their chins, not on their mouth and nose; thus leaving their mouth and nostrils exposed). :eek: "Only" 70% of people were wearing masks in the appropriate and lawful manner. :facepalm: It takes just one person to unleash a ripple effect igniting another cluster of COVID-19 cases. Do your part and wear a mask folks! Need we say more?
What sort of area do you live in? I'm curious because I live in a highly suburban area and when I go for a walk I don't generally wear a mask, because it's unlikely that I will get within 20 feet of any other person. however any time I go out to a store or any other circumstance where there is any likelihood at all that I will be sharing are with other people, I invariably wear a mask.even when I go for a walk, I do have a mask in my pocket in case the situation occurs where I might need to be around other people.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What sort of area do you live in? I'm curious because I live in a highly suburban area and when I go for a walk I don't generally wear a mask, because it's unlikely that I will get within 20 feet of any other person. however any time I go out to a store or any other circumstance where there is any likelihood at all that I will be sharing are with other people, I invariably wear a mask.even when I go for a walk, I do have a mask in my pocket in case the situation occurs where I might need to be around other people.

I’m not too far from the main road that flourishes with commercial activity (small businesses, strip malls, etc). Not too far from a park as well. Sometimes when parking lots are full people like to park in residential areas and walk from there. I agree if this was a rural area, I’d probably be comfortable walking around without a mask; the odds of exposure would be very minimal.

As the weather gets warmer more and more people are likely to venture out

I like the phases in which we’re opening up. I think it’s important to give at least two additional weeks (from the start of Phase 1 or even complete reopening before returning to some level of normalcy along with maintaining social distancing and mask requirements. This will ensure safety and minimize potential risk of exposure. It will also alleviate the stress that contact tracers will have to go through in terms of following up with multiple individuals

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Korean business owners during the LA riots in 1992. Some would say to shoot someone stealing is to value your property more than their life. Uhhh... yup. I guess THEY value your property more than their life. As such, I could never assume they have any more value of my life, or any of my family.

View attachment 62694
2nd Amendment Baby! They probably immigrated legally:thumb:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is open to different interpretations by the global community. Took several weeks to come up with a justification.

On another note, Yikes

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK, let's fact check this:

Trump's actual words:
"There is NO WAY (ZERO!) that Mail-In Ballots will be anything less than substantially fraudulent. Mail boxes will be robbed, ballots will be forged & even illegally printed out & fraudulently signed. The Governor of California is sending Ballots to millions of people, anyone..... "

While any form of voting is open to abuse, "substantially fraudulent" implies that the outcome of the election would be in question.

Five states have done voting by mostly by mail already: Colorado, Hawaii, Utah, Washington, and Oregon.

Show me an election in any of those states that was found to be, or even widely suspected of being "substantially fraudulent" in the time since they went to mostly mail voting.

Could mail boxes be robbed? Yes, but since mailing of ballots occurs over a long time frame it would take a hell of an effort to skew the vote substantially. Forged ballots could occur; most of the cases I've heard of involve republicans doing it, incompetently, and getting caught. Illegally printed ballots wouldn't be a thing; they would be obvious fakes.

Face it: Trump is afraid of anything that might increase turnout, because increased turnout hurts him. Most republicans actually like vote-by-mail. Hell, Trump himself has often done it... For example:
If you can go out to riot, you go out vote.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Something to think about.. tapatalk_-573348283.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some say it's the same guy! Yet some say it isn't! Who really knows! Buty who really gives a fuQ?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How can people go outside to enjoy the weather when they still think that they're stuck inside? May be we need a little pixie dust to fly? :rofl: Never use heat as an excuse. Muy Caliente.

anigif_original-24774-1437456494-4.gif source (2).gif