Password from day one won`t work on a 3 cameras in Config tool.

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been away but everything seems like it if functioning perfectly. However when I try to log in through Config Tool. It says incorrect password. For 3 cameras with the same password that I`ve used right along and never changed.I tried forgotten password but I`m not really sure what happens there a bar code and I didn`t get any emails. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the make and model of the cameras ?
Do the cameras have access to the internet ?
Are you using port forwarding to access the camera (or P2P, uPNP) ?

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry Cameras are( 2 ) HDW5831R ZE and 1 HDW 5231R ZE Cameras don`t have internet accsess and no port fowarding

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking you may have been hacked. But with no internet that is not possible.

How are your cameras connected to your home internet ?

A screen shot of the IPconfig tool screen may help.

My only solution now is to take the cameras down and do a hard reset, and configure them one at a time. After a hard reset the cameras will have the same IP address 192.168.1.108.

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can`t due any hard reset due to illness right now. The cameras are connected to an 8 port switch to the router to a Synology NAS How would I login through IE by the cameras web adress?

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can`t due any hard reset due to illness right now. The cameras are connected to an 8 port switch to the router to a Synology NAS How would I login through IE by the cameras web adress?
I did try logging in through IE but got the same password page and a wrong password message..