password reset for HikVision DS-2CD1121-I please

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i bought DS-2CD1121-I and it works great with my Hik NVR out of the box. now that i want to switch to another NVR, it does not work and I forgot the password. honestly, i dont remember setting up the password.
I emailed USA tech support to give me an xml to reset the pw, they said I did not bought from an authorized dealer based on the serial. Strange how I thought I bought from amazon.
any other way I can reset the pw?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i dont remember setting up the password.
If it was set up with 'Plug&Play' on an NVR PoE port, the password used will most likely be the NVR password.

What version of firmware is on the camera?

they said I did not bought from an authorized dealer based on the serial. Strange how I thought I bought from amazon.
Amazon isn't a Hikvision authorised dealer.

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it was set up with 'Plug&Play' on an NVR PoE port, the password used will most likely be the NVR password.

What version of firmware is on the camera?
i am not sure how it was added. most likely directly through the NVR but then i forgot that pw as well since i sold it. using SADP tool, i see the software version is v5.5 build 180104. DSP v7.1 build 171124. i dont see anything else in SADP for fw :(

Reaction score
i bought DS-2CD1121-I and it works great with my Hik NVR out of the box. now that i want to switch to another NVR, it does not work and I forgot the password. honestly, i dont remember setting up the password.
I emailed USA tech support to give me an xml to reset the pw, they said I did not bought from an authorized dealer based on the serial. Strange how I thought I bought from amazon.
any other way I can reset the pw?

WelshPaul

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Flash the firmware back to the device using the Python TFTP method and setup a new.