Passwords wrong on cameras connected to NVR

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
-Ok and your NVR is still 192.168.0.127? (Note NVR and Dahua cams will default to 192.168.1.108 upon default)
-And the cameras are connected to an external switch correct?
-And they are still at 192.168.1.0.108 and .0.109?
-And you can connect to them and login to them individually via a browser on a PC on your network using their IP as the URL?
-And they are seen by the NVR but still show connection/login error..

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
-Ok and your NVR is still 192.168.0.127? (Note NVR and Dahua cams will default to 192.168.1.108 upon default)
-And the cameras are connected to an external switch correct?
-And they are still at 192.168.1.0.108 and .0.109?
-And you can connect to them and login to them individually via a browser on a PC on your network using their IP as the URL?
-And they are seen by the NVR but still show connection/login error..
yes to all questions.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you logged in via a web browser to the cameras and the NVR?
The images you showed seem to be from a direct console login/machine interface….

May have nothing to do with the problem but it’s sure easier to get around in and manage.

I’m stumped. 99.9% of the time with this scenario it’s a password issue or protocol (Private is correct for Dahua)

Sure P2P is turned OFF (on some older FW its called Easy4IP)

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A you show a pic of the Modify screen (click the pencil icon) on one of the cameras?
Have you logged in via a web browser to the cameras and the NVR?
The images you showed seem to be from a direct console login/machine interface….

May have nothing to do with the problem but it’s sure easier to get around in and manage.

I’m stumped. 99.9% of the time with this scenario it’s a password issue or protocol (Private is correct for Dahua)

Sure P2P is turned OFF (on some older FW its called Easy4IP)
I've not managed to log in remotely no. I can't manage to download internet explorer on the windows machine I use at home, instead it pointed me to this "smart DSS" software which I'm not really used to.

I am stumped too, and I am also pretty unhappy. Dahua refused to tell me which firmware is the most recent I can use for my nvr too. I doubt my eBay seller will refund me either

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You can use Pale Moon 32 , good browser many of us use esp for older NVRs. Use it to login at home

SmartPSS is good tool for live view, playback download but don’t try to use it to manage settings. Better than the NVR interface for those things.

I’m always suspicious of eBay equipment.

You could check under Network/Ports and see if something changed. Mebbe not communicating on 37777…and there is a blocklist under security, make sure it’s clear.

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can use Pale Moon 32 , good browser many of us use esp for older NVRs. Use it to login at home

SmartPSS is good tool for live view, playback download but don’t try to use it to manage settings. Better than the NVR interface for those things.

I’m always suspicious of eBay equipment.

You could check under Network/Ports and see if something changed. Mebbe not communicating on 37777…and there is a blocklist under security, make sure it’s clear.
beginning to wonder if there's some weird network stuff going on. I've a modified ASUS router with a beefed up firewall and some ad-blocking. I'll take a look at that later.

In the meantime a small upate. I factory reset the cameras and plugged them into the NVR, and chose ONVIF instead of Private, and got a BLACK screen, and one of the cameras has a RJ45 icon !?

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes that’s odd

I thought your NVR was on192.168.0.127?

Not sure how it’s seeing the camera shown defaulted to 192.168.1.108?

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes that’s odd

I thought your NVR was on192.168.0.127?

Not sure how it’s seeing the camera shown defaulted to 192.168.1.108?
I know. Super odd. The NVR is certainly on my network as 192.168.0.127.

Notice how it's duplicated one of the cameras too

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You really should try a browser login to the web UI.

See what ports shows under networking…

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You really should try a browser login to the web UI.

See what ports shows under networking…
I've managed it now with that browser you recommended. I'll check the ports on the NVR if you think it's interesting .I think for private brand it has 37777 and for ONVIF it's something different for rtsp and 80 for http.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, Id set it to static, and Im not a smart enough network guy to know if using your router as the Primary DNS address is a good idea or not, but the rest looks right

make sure P2P is turned OFF

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You did use the Edit/Modify tool/popup on the Registration page to make sure the correct camera login/password is entered? (Remember this simply tells the NVR what the cameras creds are. It doesnt change anything)

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You did use the Edit/Modify tool/popup on the Registration page to make sure the correct camera login/password is entered? (Remember this simply tells the NVR what the cameras creds are. It doesnt change anything)
P2p is off. I've tried it on and off. What exactly is the registration page?

I've spent most time fiddling in the cameras screen changing the creds of the cameras if that's what you mean.

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm gonna try unplugging the cameras from the NVR, plug them into my Poe switch and see if a piece of NVR software sees them