Passwords wrong on cameras connected to NVR

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

My dahua NVR 4208 series 1 is saying that it can't contact my cameras due to the wrong credentials.

I have tried what I thought would work to no avail.

I have read I may need to reset the cameras but can't work out how to do that in the NVR interface.

Any advice please?

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cameras plugged in to a Dahua NVR take the NVR passwords when you configure them.

If that doesn’t work, reset and re-set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks all, I am still stuck and can't work out what is going on. I have reset one of the cameras as they're within reach and it's rebooted and still come back and connected to the NVR has the credentials error.

I am beginning to wonder whether something I've read is right that the NVR is too out of date for the camera's firmware.....but I can't find any newer firmware than what i'm on.

It's dishing out 10.1.. addresses to my cameras, and i've tried the guide in this thread to hit the cameras directly by putting my PC in the 10.1.. range, but I Can't get that to work at all.

I've also tried factory resetting the NVR again.

The interface looks a lot older than @Flintstone61 's screenshot!!! :oops:

It's a NVR 4208-8p-4TB

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You wont get to the camera gui in the 10.x.x.x range. with a PC. thats an internal network in the NVR.
I think you have to use the Internet explorer icon inside the NVR,
Or plug the cameras into a POE switch and search for them until you can get in and match NVR passwords to Cams.....
4208 should be newer than my 4108 i'd think.

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You wont get to the camera gui in the 10.x.x.x range. with a PC. thats an internal network in the NVR.
I think you have to use the Internet explorer icon inside the NVR,
Or plug the cameras into a POE switch and search for them until you can get in and match NVR passwords to Cams.....
4208 should be newer than my 4108 i'd think.
Thanks. Do you think that's the route then, get them off the NVR until I'm certain i know the password ?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I played hell getting my Amcrest 1179ew's to rejoin after moving them to different ports, and went so far as to factory reset 1 of them until I figured out the " Device Search" Manual Add" method. in the camera mgmnt tab of the NVR...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you think that's the route then, get them off the NVR until I'm certain i know the password ?
You MUST access them when plugged into a PoE NVR via the blue IE buttons on the NVR registration page
CamRegV4-PoE.jpg

IF you know the password of the cameras, you can tell the NVR by using the pencil icon on that same registration page and editing the password info for the camera.
*This DOES NOT change the camera password. It simply tell the NVR what the correct password is so it can talk to the camera.
editcamera-credentials.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you remove them from the NVR and connect them to a switch, you'll have the same problem, along with IP address issues,.
You have to fix the password that the NVR is expecting.

Read this

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK that should have assigned the same password to the camera as the NVR is using
Have you tried editing the camera password to match the NVR with the pencil icon?

Show us a pic of your NVR camera registration page

xlarons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK that should have assigned the same password to the camera as the NVR is using
Have you tried editing the camera password to match the NVR with the pencil icon?
Yes. Going to try again tomorrow. This NVR is second hand from eBay and I've not yet seen a single camera image through it ......