PC/NVR for multiple cameras?

TechieNI

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey folks, I was hoping to pick a few brains in here if possible. I have 4 Wyse cam v3s and 3 riolink outdoor cameras as well as riolink indoor....Anyhow, the Wyse I assume will run with RTSP and the riolink will probably run the came. Can anyone recommend a box that would works for the likes of this or should i setup a PC for these? I know recording continuously will be hard on the PC too or if anyone can point me in another route possible? 1 of my main problems is, it is a rented properly, while I am aloud to screw things to the walls as long as i fix any holes etc. running wires all through house is going to be impossible so I'm depending on Wi-Fi and as all the cameras are Wi-Fi enabled then it seems like it would work.... However I thought of putting them all on their own router but I don't think it will work as they wont have "internet" per se and if i keep them on my current Wi-Fi network they will hog all the bandwidth no doubt. I would like all wireless and able to record 24/7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey folks, I was hoping to pick a few brains in here if possible. I have 4 Wyse cam v3s and 3 riolink outdoor cameras as well as riolink indoor....Anyhow, the Wyse I assume will run with RTSP and the riolink will probably run the came. Can anyone recommend a box that would works for the likes of this or should i setup a PC for these? I know recording continuously will be hard on the PC too or if anyone can point me in another route possible? 1 of my main problems is, it is a rented properly, while I am aloud to screw things to the walls as long as i fix any holes etc. running wires all through house is going to be impossible so I'm depending on Wi-Fi and as all the cameras are Wi-Fi enabled then it seems like it would work.... However I thought of putting them all on their own router but I don't think it will work as they wont have "internet" per se and if i keep them on my current Wi-Fi network they will hog all the bandwidth no doubt. I would like all wireless and able to record 24/7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Hi @TechieNI

Reolink and Wyze cameras .. if you can get both to produce an RTSP stream, then I would look for a 3rd party VMS on an PC solution ..

note, not all Reolink cameras are able to produce a proper RTSP stream for 3rd party VMS solutions .. so double check the Reolink camera models, and double check the firmware on the wyze cameras

"I would like all wireless " - we have found an all WiFi security camera setup gets to be problematic .. recommend IP PoE for the core cameras ..

TechieNI

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @TechieNI

Reolink and Wyze cameras .. if you can get both to produce an RTSP stream, then I would look for a 3rd party VMS on an PC solution ..

note, not all Reolink cameras are able to produce a proper RTSP stream for 3rd party VMS solutions .. so double check the Reolink camera models, and double check the firmware on the wyze cameras

"I would like all wireless " - we have found an all WiFi security camera setup gets to be problematic .. recommend IP PoE for the core cameras ..
Yes all cameras can feed rtsp including the Wyse cameras even with their original firmware. I have 1 on rtsp firmware and the others on stock firmware and they all work the same... As for IP POE that wont be possible as stated its a rental house so getting cable through spaces is not going to be easy never mind being aloud so I am restricted there sadly. 3rd Party VMS? can you explain what that is? Is this like Blue Iris software on a PC setup? If so, I'm going to need a beefy PC to accept inputs from several cameras to record. I assume though with RTSP they will all hog Wi-Fi bandwidth from by broadband yes? Might be best forgetting about the cameras I have and buy a cheap wireless camera system. I just thought as i had the cameras it would be great if I could use them without being a hassle.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you RTSP a Wyze cam to connect it to BI for recording? I also thought as above the only option was a firmware replacement.