People Smoking Dope In Car On Side Street

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Three people smoking dope in their car. Looks like one man and two women. I am not into the dope smoking scene so some of you know better than me as to what is going on. They were there for about a 1/2 hour and this is the final couple of minutes right before they left. I saw the strange car and zeroed in my Dahua DH-PTZ1A225U-IRA-N on them. This is the one in the back of the house. I also have one for the front of the house. With another camera I was able to get a license plate not that I am going to do anything with it. By the way this is the 3rd day in a row that something has happened on my corner after many weeks of nothing.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With another camera I was able to get a license plate not that I am going to do anything with it.
I would. Stoners driving ARE as bad as drunk drivers....one could kill or injure you, a friend, family member, or a loved one. Heck, I wouldn't want them injuring or killing anyone.

Make the call and offer the info. Additionally, you don't want your area to become a place of solitude for them, if left alone pretty soon it'll look like the parking lot at a 70's Doobie Brothers concert.

Your corner HAS really picked up lately. Did @lulu5kamz pass you the baton? :highfive:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a bong when I was a kid, I did drive after use too...My Bicycle.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I thought recreational was legal in Cali, pretty dumb to still take bong rips in a car when you can legally do it in your home, or anywhere but in your car on a public road for that matter.

Good capture though

murphys_law

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"Dope" made me laugh. For some reason I pictured Red Foreman from That 70's show reading your topic.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm, I thought recreational was legal in Cali, pretty dumb to still take bong rips in a car when you can legally do it in your home, or anywhere but in your car on a public road for that matter.
Oh, so true....:smoking:

If you ever watch a few episodes of "Live PD" you'll notice a trend....people with perhaps an expired license, but no warrants and no felony convictions, etc. will lead cops on a 10 mile chase, crash, get drug out of the car and cuffed, etc. the whole nine yards and wind up with felony evading, public endangerment, resisting arrest, etc......why? Turns out they had a few ounces of weed in their car. Probably would have gotten a warning and lost their weed or at worst, a ticket and the weed taken. Know what the law is where you're at!

I think over time all forms of drug intake, maybe even legally-possessed Rx drugs for mental issues, wreak havoc with that part of the brain that makes sound, logical decisions....especially spur-of-the-moment decisions.

Words to the wise: if you insist on "driving dirty", make sure your license plate sticker is current, make sure the license plate light works and all the other lights work (headlights, brake lights, signals), drive the speed limit, stay in your lane (no weaving), signal your lane changes, make a FULL stop at stop signs, no loud muffler, no broken or cracked windshield, no illegal window tinting. That's to avoid pulled over in the first place. I won't get into what NOT to do if you get pulled over because that's a another extensive topic by itself.
:smash:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I would report it. Even if legal to smoke / possess, that's still going to be driving under the influence. TonyR is correct, putting other people's lives at risk.

Anyone dumb enough to smoke it in front of a CCTV camera, deserves the Darwin award of a fine, if not for this incident, a future one.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Good capture though
Might be legal in the state, but many parents still don't want their kids stinking up the house with that stuff....

I would report it. Even if legal to smoke / possess, that's still going to be driving under the influence. TonyR is correct, putting other people's lives at risk.

Anyone dumb enough to smoke it in front of a CCTV camera, deserves the Darwin award of a fine, if not for this incident, a future one.
Hmmm... how would I feel if someone came parked next to my house and smoked cigarettes and dank while parking in a car?? - hmmm... yes, I think it is reasonable to call it in when the driver and passengers are doing that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, so true....:smoking:

If you ever watch a few episodes of "Live PD" you'll notice a trend....people with perhaps an expired license, but no warrants and no felony convictions, etc. will lead cops on a 10 mile chase, crash, get drug out of the car and cuffed, etc. the whole nine yards and wind up with felony evading, public endangerment, resisting arrest, etc......why? Turns out they had a few ounces of weed in their car. Probably would have gotten a warning and lost their weed or at worst, a ticket and the weed taken. Know what the law is where you're at!

I think over time all forms of drug intake, maybe even legally-possessed Rx drugs for mental issues, wreak havoc with that part of the brain that makes sound, logical decisions....especially spur-of-the-moment decisions.

Words to the wise: if you insist on "driving dirty", make sure your license plate sticker is current, make sure the license plate light works and all the other lights work (headlights, brake lights, signals), drive the speed limit, stay in your lane (no weaving), signal your lane changes, make a FULL stop at stop signs, no loud muffler, no broken or cracked windshield, no illegal window tinting. That's to avoid pulled over in the first place. I won't get into what NOT to do if you get pulled over because that's a another extensive topic by itself.
:smash:
Well, there are a lot of just plain and pure dumbassery displayed on Cop's and Live PD. Very little "sense" displayed.
Usually you can see why the younge set acts the way they do, if the parents show up on scene.

When Walmart feels the need to post this sign on their entry doors, it's a sad state of affairs.
upload_2018-12-23_11-49-45.jpeg

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I would. Stoners driving ARE as bad as drunk drivers....one could kill or injure you, a friend, family member, or a loved one. Heck, I wouldn't want them injuring or killing anyone.

Make the call and offer the info. Additionally, you don't want your area to become a place of solitude for them, if left alone pretty soon it'll look like the parking lot at a 70's Doobie Brothers concert.

Your corner HAS really picked up lately. Did @lulu5kamz pass you the baton? :highfive:
I'm still here. Things still happen nearly everyday, but they're not always worthy of a post. Here is a frame capture from yesterday morning. A car backs up to the corner at about 1 AM. These 3 guys get out. Two of them walk to the front of my car, while the car continues to back up to the middle of the corner. What were they doing? They were just looking at a group of about 6 deer. When they drove up the far street the deer were in the neighbor's front yard. When they got out of the car the deer ran into our front yard. The deer then ran to the far side of the house and jumped a fence to the back hillside. These guys were just trying to see where the deer went.

3 Amigos.jpg

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good grief....they'd go crazy here. We see 15 to 25 every day. Probably that many more go by also when we're NOT noticing.:cool:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, there are a lot of just plain and pure dumbassery displayed on Cop's and Live PD. Very little "sense" displayed.
Usually you can see why the younge set acts the way they do, if the parents show up on scene.

When Walmart feels the need to post this sign on their entry doors, it's a sad state of affairs.
View attachment 36861
It is VERY sad.

Can you imagine having to be reminded you forgot your infant or toddler in the car? I'd freak out and try my best to discover why am I so stressed, so overtaxed mentally or so stoned or drunk out of my gourd that my brain would allow me to do something that seriously wrong. It would HAVE to be a game changer for me....I would certainly hope and pray that it would.