People spread on videos

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is DS-2CD2342WD-I, the Exposure Time was at 1/25.
Frame Rate is at 20FPS, Bitrate Type is constant.

Regards.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The expore time, downgrade to 1/3 ?
Noise Reduction Level on 100, how much to put it ?
The Digital Noise Reduction is ON.

Regards.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The expore time, downgrade to 1/3 ?
Noise Reduction Level on 100, how much to put it ?
The Digital Noise Reduction is ON.

Regards.
but it on 50...and test..then move up..do not set the exposure time to 1/3...that will cause lots of blur...leave it at 1/25 or 1/30

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Chaoscript

that blur was very minimal for a distant vehicle traveling at a descent speed. Your not going to fix that with these cameras. High speed traffic will require shutter speeds around 1/1000 and a higher end camera like a Dinion that has a technology called XF Dynamic to provider the faster shutter as well as a large aperture to allow the image to be illuminated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera DS-2CD2342WD-I
The Gain on the Exposure Settings on 99.
Expore 1/25, 50 noise, 20 FPS, Bitrate Constant, Max Bitrate 6144, BLC Area Up, Smart IR Off
http://sendvid.com/5y4xdui9

Regards.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@zero-degrees,
Just to know, that cameras have 1/1000 shutter.

Regards.
Correct - most cameras do, however in entry to mid level cameras when you increase the shutter that high you require a larger aperture thus reducing your depth as well as giving up image sharpness. Higher end cameras like the Dinion's compensate for this issue with hardware and technology. My apologies, I was trying to give a quick explination above and not get technical. So, here is the technical answer, but it doesn't really apply to a resolution here.

One thing I do notice is when you open the door or the smallest amount of light hits the camera your IR starts to turn off, you might want to set your sample/delay time a little higher so it doesn't trigger just with a door opening at night.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Set FPS to 10, and the iframe setting to 10 also. See if that helps out. Leave the other settings as they are just to see.

I would do variable bitrate at normal or higher quality but maybe separately as a test. Lower noise reduction too to like 30 or 40 as some of the ghosting right as you go through the door is from that.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@zero-degrees,
I don't care about the cars, as they on the road, I care about the people walking,
About the IR,
Day/Night Switch Auto
Sensitivity 4
Filtering 5
Smart IR OFF

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After fiddling with the settings for hours with no success, I have found the cameras defaults to be the best effective settings for various conditions. at Any time you get blurring, set defaults and start fresh.

Last edited by a moderator: