Performance and general questions

Reaction score
I have the same problem, where there are 2-10 second gaps in my recorded video. I'm running IB4 on an i5 Core Win7. The CPU typically runs at about 50% usage. I read the entire thread and it appears that the solution was a more powerful PC, correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, where there are 2-10 second gaps in my recorded video. I'm running IB4 on an i5 Core Win7. The CPU typically runs at about 50% usage. I read the entire thread and it appears that the solution was a more powerful PC, correct?
Not likely to be cpu related if you are normally running 50%..are you recording continuously? where is the gap - beginning end middle?

Reaction score
I'm only recording on motion, but some of the cameras are pretty busy. When new motion is detected, it records immediately, but freezes about 2 seconds in. The gap in the recording is typically 2-3 seconds, then the recording is continuous, with no gaps.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to say what is causing that. Try setting your hard drive you record on to never sleep, in windows power settings. This isn't likely to make a bit of difference but it is actually good for your drives anyway if it will keep them from starting and stopping a lot.

What are your recording file format settings? Direct to disk or re-encode? Bvr, mp4? Xvid?

Are any of the cameras wireless?

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any chance the hard drive had spun down into a dormant state? The time frame looks similar to that for a hard drive to spin up. Plenty of windows subsystems block on that and get nowhere until everything recovers a few seconds later.

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings - "changed advanced power settings" - "hard disk", etc.

Reaction score
I took a look at my Resource Monitor and noticed that the CPU usage sometimes jumped to 100% and McAfee was taking 25%. I removed McAfee and everything is now working perfectly. This PC is not connected to the internet, so virus protection is unnecessary. Many thanks for helping me get to this solution.