PFA 137 vs PFA 130e

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve done a search but can’t find the answer I’m looking for before buying one of the above.

I am gradually replacing all my analogue cams with IP and have purchased many from Andy. All working great. I now need to replace several which are wall mounted and rather than squeeze the cabling into the wall cavity I’m thinking of using a junction box. I’m buying some more IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and want as neat a finish as possible. The PFA 137 appears smaller in diameter and depth than the PFA 130e and I was hoping for a flush finish between the junction box and camera. Has anyone got photos of this camera on both of these junction boxes so I can compare the finish? Alternatively which one looks better with the camera mounted?

I know the PFA 137 isn’t waterproof but that’s not a concern.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Andyh747, I have a Dahua IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE mounted on a Dahua DU-PFA130-E.

It does give you more options and it doesn't give a massive visual impact either, unfortunately it's dark out now where I am (UK). But I can take a photo tomorrow when it's light if you'd like?

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes when you get a chance a photo would be great. :)

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No worries Andyh747, I'll sort one tomorrow for you to give you a better opinion.

Are you going to use off the shelf ethernet cables or terminate your own?

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Always terminate my own. I built my own place 10 years ago and ran Ethernet everywhere. It has all come in useful.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's good, had to use off the shelf cables myself at the moment Andyh747 and discovered that the strain relief solution on the ends of the cable don't play nice with the waterproof boot connector that Dahua supply.

But as you terminate your own, you should be fine.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's good, had to use off the shelf cables myself at the moment Andyh747 and discovered that the strain relief solution on the ends of the cable don't play nice with the waterproof boot connector that Dahua supply.

But as you terminate your own, you should be fine.
I already have 14 IP cams installed. I’m down to the last three analogues so I’ve had lots of practice!

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In fact I'm a little bit envious of you Andyh747, wish I had the experience to terminate my own ethernet cables.

As I consider myself frugal, also I like to do things myself instead of paying someone else a small large fee.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Once you’ve practiced terminating its not difficult. You can also make it easier with the new through termination plugs. Just takes patience and practice. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve terminated over the years!!

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been reading up on ethernet cables and termination solutions, field termination plugs look awesome for the NVR or Switch end even though they're more expensive. But they seem so quick and easy to use.

And I'm really interested in CAT8 cable, as the increased shielding and lower resistance seems perfect for IP systems.

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure that the pfa130e is compatible with hdw5231r-ze?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is Albertolt, it's one mount that has a plethora of options.

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is Albertolt, it's one mount that has a plethora of options.
According Dahua accessories selector they're not compatible but if you say so I believe :)

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My mistake sorry, you are completely right. I have just checked twice with accessories selector and they are compatible.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't worry about it Albertolt, Dahua's website is a little oddly organised.

I even got out my Vernier Caliper to check as well as found the useful .PDF, you have to be sure.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here we go folks, a DH-PFA130-E with a IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE mounted, the increased diameter of the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE will be much closer to the diameter of the mount an look more fitting. But it does look nice and professional when they're used.

20191221_173653.jpg

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the photo. Think I’ll probably order the PFA-130e but I may see if I can install the cam without the junction box. However at least I’ll have the option if I change my mind.
I assume the consensus is that the PFA-130e is a better option than the PFA-137?

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You get much more mounting options with the DH-PFA130-E Andyh747, and the added bonus of weather proofing is good as well.

And no worries, you're welcome.