PFA130-E question

CJ133

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is probably a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway.

The rubber plug in the center of the PFA130-E.... How do most deal with that?

The last two I installed a cut one side with a sharp knife so I could slip my wire in it. But those are under a covered porch so I wasn't terribly worried about rain.

I was thinking of cutting the new ones and following with silicone rtv. I have 4 in installing that will be exposed to weather.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is probably a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway.

The rubber plug in the center of the PFA130-E.... How do most deal with that?

The last two I installed a cut one side with a sharp knife so I could slip my wire in it. But those are under a covered porch so I wasn't terribly worried about rain.

I was thinking of cutting the new ones and following with silicone rtv. I have 4 in installing that will be exposed to weather.
The Rubber center stopper was already cut on the junction boxes I got.

CJ133

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Rubber center stopper was already cut on the junction boxes I got.
The first two I got had a line as if they were supposed to be cut / split but they weren't. The one I just opened didn't even have a line. I assume the other 3 are the same but haven't actually checked yet.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The first two I got had a line as if they were supposed to be cut / split but they weren't. The one I just opened didn't even have a line. I assume the other 3 are the same but haven't actually checked yet.
They should be coming with a cut to the middle hole.. if you are not seeing the cut, I'd ask your vendor...