Physically small IP camera

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello All

Can anyone point me in the right directions .....

I'm looking for a physically small IP camera to use externally on my touring caravan ( for the Yanks in here, it's kinda like what you lot call a toy hauler with accommodation) ;)

Aside from being physically small, I'm looking for decent 2MP resolution or higher & ideally with its own internal IR illuminators. And VERY weather resistant

Here in the UK may large goods vehicles use small wedge-shaped camera's as an alternative to external mirrors, but sadly these are all analogue cams

Any help would, as always, be greatly appreciated

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is your exact use? Note that an IP cam will have a delay of 1-3 seconds from real time.
Analog cams are realtime.
Hi Loony2ns

Primary use is as security for my caravan

Secondary use is to see what the weather is doing without getting out of a nice warm bed or opening the thermal blinds which cover the windows :)

But primarily security

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need one of those cameras they pop on top of NASCAR vehicles lol.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doh! I have this very camera for the use of monitoring my front door (from the inside). I like it because I can also hear what is being said when the house sitter/cleaners come over. It has been working well for me for the last 6 months
49E81B1E-0AEE-4DFD-B7C6-BC3BB4ECB848.jpeg

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is what the camera sees
CatWheel 2021-12-11 01.20.52.746 PM.jpg
I have additional cameras covering other angles of that same room. But they could not see the actual door, so I installed this camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@DanDenver - Is that a "chalk" line on the camera to see if it has been tampered with LOL, or just perfect alignment of a mark on the camera and the countertop LOL.

1639254317407.png

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is a line I drew to help me get the exact angle on the view I wanted. I used silicone caulking to ‘glue’ it to the bottom of the granite, so I knew that once installed I could not move it again.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doh! I have this very camera for the use of monitoring my front door (from the inside). I like it because I can also hear what is being said when the house sitter/cleaners come over. It has been working well for me for the last 6 months
View attachment 111645
As a nanny cam, my custom ip cam is installed inside a wall power outlet. This allow you to plug on any 120v outlet around the house, where wifi is available.

Attachments