Picture trailing in live view

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my Blue Iris V5 I had bought a Dell I7 with 4 cores, so I don't have performance problems with about 12 cameras. Unfortunately I have a trailing of the pictures with moving objects (see example). The problem occurs with all cameras, whether HD or not. Have ihe solution for the problem?

Here are the data from the computer
Dell Optiplex 9020
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Driver 20.19.15.4835)
Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004)
Intel Core i7-4770 3,4 Ghz 4 Core
GPU load: 16%
CPU Load: 34%

Blue Iris V5 (Version 5.3.3.16 x64
Blue Iris Settings

1606232824189.png

Thank you for yout Help
Jürgen

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What brand and model cameras? What are the exposure, frame rate, bit rate and iframe rates? Have you tried without hardware acceleration or tried the plain version of the Intel acceleration?

Reaction score
Hello Sebastin,
I trief the Platin Intel HW Acceleration and without Acceleration. I habe Foscam and Wansview Cameras. I‘m just at work, so that i can‘t Tell you the Details. I trief also the Nvidia Accelarator. The Training effekt was not so Great! But is that an explanation?
Best greetings
Jürgen

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try shutting off hardware acceleration. Foscam, and I believe Wansview, use crappy firmware that varies frame, iframe and bit rates to what they deem appropriate no matter what you set them for in the camera configurations. That will result in all sorts of problems with BI because BI depends on a stable frame and iframe rate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hallo Sebastian,
i found it. Its very stupid. I Change the Grafic Decoding to Nvidia. Now its funtional. I dont know why. Perhaps is a Nvidia grafic ship in the Intel grafic Card! Who know? Thank you for your help.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you don't have an Nvidia card in the machine no video is being processed other than by the CPU. You would get the same result selecting "None" and in you original post you don't mention an Nvidia card being in the machine.

Another thing I just noticed is that your CPU is a 4th generation i7. The current recommendation is a 6th generation or newer.

Reaction score
No, in the device Manager its shown as an Intel Card. See the Information at the top of the blog

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You've got me. Nvidia and Intel are like oil and water to m yknowledge, completely different architectures and even the GPU chips are significantly different. I'd shut off hardware acceleration if it won't work on Intel until you find the right driver or upgrade to real cameras.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
screen shot of the windows task manager. The process tab. Make sure the GPU and GPU engine columns are displayed. Sort display by memory so BI is the top one listed

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello together,
i got the mistake. I tried it with the accelerator Intel Beta. Now it runs perfectly. I thought, that a Beta join is not so good. Here it is very good.
Thank you all for your help.

Best greetings
Jürgen