PIR sensitivity on Hikvision ds-2cd2432f-iw?

Kuno

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a way to change the sensitivity of the PIR sensor?
Mine is a bit too sensitive and is trigger (email) way too often.

Thanks,
Hai

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No. Are you sure its the pir triggering and not the regular motion detection?

Kuno

n3wb
Reaction score
Bummer!

I believe so. Only the Other Alarm (PIR) is set to send email. Motion detection is disabled in hope that PIR will do a better job at false detection.

During the day, it is picking up car moving across the house (long drive way) that I am ok with. At night however, its trigger with no indication of anything moving.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Something is wrong. The pir sensor should not be detecting random things moving. Do you have it pointing out the window or something?

Kuno

n3wb
Reaction score
No, it's outside above a porch lamp. The lamp top is covered so no light feeding back to the camera. It is a white CCFL bulb so I wonder if that cause any issues?

mossytrees

n3wb
Reaction score
Old thread, I know, but I just got a similar camera (DS-2CD2442FWD-IW) and have the same problem. PIR alarm goes off at least once a minute. I thought it must have been something in the room it was in so I changed rooms and linked it to the audible alarm, left the room, and listened as the alarm sounded repeatedly, several times a minute.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is it aimed towards the sun, or very reflective items? I had to give up using the PIR as a trigger as the sunlight - either direct or reflected off of my car's windshield - would cause false alarms. Ultimately, I ended up going with an IR-beam (like at entry doors for stores) to trigger my BI server. Zero false alarms.

mossytrees

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it aimed towards the sun, or very reflective items? I had to give up using the PIR as a trigger as the sunlight - either direct or reflected off of my car's windshield - would cause false alarms. Ultimately, I ended up going with an IR-beam (like at entry doors for stores) to trigger my BI server. Zero false alarms.
First room it was in was the basement with one tiny window. The camera was on the same wall as the window, pointing into the room. Second room had a lot more windows, but nothing I would expect to cause an issue with a PIR from my admittedly somewhat limited experience with them.