Pixelation, Round Two

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can adjust it however you like and work it up till you are at the highest you can go before the pixelating starts. I run 10, 3mp cams at 1080p and for the most part it is OK, except when there is activity on a few cameras at the same time and then it pixelates. It also pixeliates only during the day, night uses less frames and bandwidth I suppose. I am not interested in dropping the frames any lower but I have tried it on a few. I like 30 FPS but since it is for security I do drop them to make sure I get one good image if something occurs. Call it being stubborn or whatever you like, but in my mind it pretty much defeats the purpose of purchasing the cams with higher resolutions. That's why I run as many as I can at the 30fps @ 1080p instead of at 2048x1536 @ 20fps. Plus, since I have confirmed it is possible to achieve with other software, BI should be able to do the same and I will continue to give Ken information to help find the fix about the dropped frames. I trust Ken will figure it out if enough people supply him with information and report it.

I am working now to see if constant recording with alerts will help instead of using motion detection only. I am hoping that method will use less resources and help since a lot of my cameras overlap and when motion is on one, it is usually captured on another as well. So with motion detection only I was having multiple cameras trigger at the same time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I implement the steps described in the thread, I dont see any pixelation-every system is different though..another thing you might want to try is deleting the camera and readding it..I had I hikvision that would keep pixelating badly even with these settings...I deleted the camera readded it with the recommended settings and it works fine..