Placement Ideas for front porch

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking at any ideas for placement of cameras to cover the front porch. I will be testing locations but I wanted to see what thoughts everyone had before I begin. My thoughts are to put a dome camera right near the door that the dome is only part out of the siding that will be put up. Placing a bullet camera for package monitoring at the front door. Then a turret camera facing out towards walkway. I will be enclosing the metal post with wood so it will be easy to mount and conceal the cameras.

Appreciate any thoughts.
Steve

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking at any ideas for placement of cameras to cover the front porch. I will be testing locations but I wanted to see what thoughts everyone had before I begin. My thoughts are to put a dome camera right near the door that the dome is only part out of the siding that will be put up. Placing a bullet camera for package monitoring at the front door. Then a turret camera facing out towards walkway. I will be enclosing the metal post with wood so it will be easy to mount and conceal the cameras.

Appreciate any thoughts.
Steve
Looks like a good plan to test @Steve

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Honestly, I would run all 3 as turrets. I just replaced a dome (referred to here as a wedge) with a turret and it's not as bad visually as I had thought it would be, and it's mounted directly next to the door at eye level. It also has MUCH better picture quality. The bullet also isn't needed as the turret will be a smaller form factor and give equal performance.

I have a T54IR-AS mounted on the ceiling above the door. It is also what is now next to the door in the red circle below.

IMG_20221117_164902.jpg

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score

Hope this helps.