Plan for more than 2 cameras... package thieves

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
My front Door setup, To catch any possibly package thief.

1578262253058.png

There is a 4th Camera which is not visible in the pic :D. Is it overkill HELL YEAH ! LOL. But will it do the job yes.

So the reason I have one camera at that height is because often time they have a baseball cap on and try to look down to hide from camera view :D

Now I love technology so I do not mind all the cameras but yes I can also see some of you might not like that many cameras LOL at one place

Oh and forgot to mention one of these camera is a PTZ

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Holy cow. When you consider the cost you're spending to just get a picture of a thief, I'd strongly consider getting a more secure form of delivery. I do like your determination though for sure. If you've got the funds and the know-how, then why not? I can't wait to see what you catch! (but then with the visibility of the cameras, you might have enough of a deterrent that you won't have anything TO catch. Which is still a win!)

Reaction score
Yeah that's what i'm talking about. No where to hide, better yet they will see the cams and move on to the next. Which is how my house will look soon. They pass now on their bikes or walking and point at the cameras while talking among themselves.

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in overkill
I'm right there with you. Anyone who walks past my house will see 4 cameras pointed at him. If he walks onto my front porch, there will be 2 more. Back alley / back yard, 4 more, plus one on each side of the house.

It has its desired effect. A few months back, we had a guy on a bike go down our street checking out car doors. As he walked by my house, he stared at my cameras and kept right on going ... never touched my cars. The next day, I posted some excellent face shots on Nextdoor.

A month later, he went down my street again. Once again, he kept right on going past my house, staring at my cameras. The next day, one of my neighbors two blocks down (with no cameras) complained of a car break-in.

My cameras are very visible, and I prefer it that way. Overkill is the only way to go.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm right there with you. Anyone who walks past my house will see 4 cameras pointed at him. If he walks onto my front porch, there will be 2 more. Back alley / back yard, 4 more, plus one on each side of the house.

It has its desired effect. A few months back, we had a guy on a bike go down our street checking out car doors. As he walked by my house, he stared at my cameras and kept right on going ... never touched my cars. The next day, I posted some excellent face shots on Nextdoor.

A month later, he went down my street again. Once again, he kept right on going past my house, staring at my cameras. The next day, one of my neighbors two blocks down (with no cameras) complained of a car break-in.

My cameras are very visible, and I prefer it that way. Overkill is the only way to go.
I agree, I have about 7 camera right in front of my house, And also thinking of adding two more , I have seen multiple times on my camera.. not only thieves but even solicitors come and stare at my cameras and walk right past my house dont even want to come by my front door where about 4 more camera awaits for them lol.

I am thinking of seriously adding two more of the IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E