Planning: New System

Cheat

n3wb
Reaction score
ALCON,

This is my first post...
I found this forum by way of Blue Iris support pages and also find my way to Nelly's Security within.

I have some dependencies that I don't want to break... in addition to finding the best fit of current IP/PoE Cam technology without having that paranoia/goddy look of big PTZ prison cameras hanging off of each corner of the house.
My idea of security... is to not look like there is any... until it's too late for them.

Dependencies:
- HomeSeer (Home Automation)
- Blue Iris Pro w/plug-in for HomeSeer

Requirements:
- IP/PoE
- Outdoor/IP66
- Home Owners Association (HoA) Approval
- Privacy Masking of Sensitive Areas (No recording of Neighbors Windows)
- Low profile, blending

We are up on a hillside, in a cul-de-sac with some open space behind us and 3 home lots (protected space) left open into the open space... people (we don't know) like to come up, park and hang-out (rightfully so... no problem).
I'm also of the mindset of, Trust, but Verify. Therefore, I want to document actions 360 degrees around our house...

So, this is my thoughts:
Doors: EYEsurv ESIP-MP3-DMZF1-R 3MP High Definition Infrared Auto Zoom and Focus IP Dome Camera - Recessed Mount
Corners (4): Dahua IPC-EBW81200 12MP Ultra HD Vandal-Proof IR Weatherproof Fisheye Lens Security Camera
Birds Eye View (2nd Floor):ESIP-PTZMINI12X-1080p-R 2MP Mini PTZ 12x 1080p High Definition Weatherproof IP Security Camera - Recessed Mount

All items would be mounted outside under the eaves (typical) of the house.
Corners provide enough over-lap to provide mounting positions to facilitate 270 degree viewing.

Concerns:
I've been reading the product detail pages of each of the above Nelly Security (Website) products...
- Door Cameras, mounted about 10' away, not sure if 3mm would allow for a wide enough view. I currently have IPS-POE 925 3MP 4mm cameras and they are a pretty tight view.
- Birds Eye, mounted on 2nd floor (20-30' up), device states optimal image in low light; however, this is only available with a EYEsurv DVR. I really don't want to buy anything that locks me into someone's propriety stuff. Therefore, I'm concerned about no night vision on this item. Not sure if adding IR illumination would help this one.
- Corners, Fisheye, looks like it provides separate streams to allow viewing/recording within Blue Iris... don't want just a fishbowl recording.
- Blue Iris: Last I checked, Blue Iris can't/doesn't de-morph a composite fish-eye stream.

Thinking Out-side the box...
Since the Bird's Eye View (PTZ) doesn't appear to have any auto-tracking... my thought was to allow the PTZ to auto scan. Then when motion was triggered from one of the corner camera zones, by way of Blue Iris... Blue Iris would then trigger a pre-set setting on the PTZ to move towards the detected region/location. After x mins of no motion, the PTZ would go back to auto scan.

Anyway...
That is my nut shell concept. Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

R/,
Chad

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The PTZ will be able to see infrared as long as it is in night mode. I have one just like it but in a different form factor (not recessed mount, but pendant mount).

I do not know about the fisheye cam being able to stream dewarped views. Make sure you confirm that with Nellys!

With your door cams, those have zoom lenses, and 3mm is fairly wide. Probably close to 80 degrees horizontal. You may actually find you want to zoom them in more because those will be the cams getting your facial recognition shots and the bigger the face the better!

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Cheat, I'm having one of my salesmen get a hold of you to spec out the system for you. His name is Chris and will be contacting you soon.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can dewarp different streams with the fisheye but not sure about compatibility dewarping through blueiris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craines

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Cheat,

My name is Chris and I'm an Account Rep at Nelly's. I'd love to help you with your setup. Would you mind shooting me an email with this exact information so I can get some numbers for you and help answer some additional questions you may have?

Chris Raines
craines@nellyssecurity.com