Plate Recognizer and BI App

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone posted here months ago that after a BI update, the plates from Plate Recognizer started showing up in the BI app. I got busy with other things and forgot to look until now LOL.

My BI app doesn't show the plate info like it does in the BI console.

Here was a screenshot of the person's BI alerts:

1623424972891.png

I am on Android and my app looks different, so I am assuming the above is iOS, so is it showing in iOS and not Android or is there something else we need to do to see the plates in the app?

I can see them in the log on the app, but it would be nice if it were showing like this as well.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dang why does the iPhone app get all the goodies LOL.

Next you will tell me it puts on the DeepStack find and % as well LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The android app shows the deepstack object and % as well.
Dang, I wonder why mine isn't. Does yours show Plate Recognizer (if you use it)?

I am on the latest version of BI and the App.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, I wonder why mine isn't. Does yours show Plate Recognizer (if you use it)?

I am on the latest version of BI and the App.
I dont use PR.
Is your alert view set to "details"

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it shows:

Camera name
X minutes ago
Time duration of clip
Motion A

But nothing after that.
Motion A would indicate that the the alert was not sent to DS for analysis. Are you seeing that only on the app but on the server it shows a SD percentage?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 and @fenderman - yes mine shows exactly like that in the server, but it doesn't follow over into the App for some reason.

I guess I will try an uninstall and reinstall of the app?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You got the app now @wittaj??? :)
I have had the app for a long time LOL because I have several cameras with two-way talk, but just did the update to the most recent version as the bugs seemed to have settled out.

Was just getting around to seeing if the Android version was supposed to include the AI and Plate Recognizer data in the alerts.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the uninstall/reinstall got the DeepStack information to show up on the alerts in the App, but it shows the Sentry logo in the corner LOL.

Plate Recognizer still isn't showing the plate info, so not sure if that is a bug or if it doesn't come over for the Android version.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had the app for a long time LOL because I have several cameras with two-way talk, but just did the update to the most recent version as the bugs seemed to have settled out.

Was just getting around to seeing if the Android version was supposed to include the AI and Plate Recognizer data in the alerts.
Got it! What is getting the LPR data for your notifications?

Can confirm that the push notifications don't show DeepStack information and the Sentry logo in the thumbnails in the app. However, I thought the lack of DeepStack info was me being lazy to alter the push notification content and using the right macro keywords :)...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Plate Recognizer - once you get your LPR camera installed, I will fill you in on that great tool LOL.

I guess maybe you need a uninstall and reinstall of the app too LOL. I am not using macros.

Reaction score
I was so surprised this morning with a cap by PI. It correctly interpreted the plate as 1300498 on the image below. You can hardly tell there is a plate there. It gave an 84.8% confidence.

1300_CxNey_car.jpg

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Plate Recognizer - once you get your LPR camera installed, I will fill you in on that great tool LOL.

I guess maybe you need a uninstall and reinstall of the app too LOL. I am not using macros.
Thanks AJ! Yeah, I'm getting the notifications already... So no need to uninstall and such... I'm down for it, if the push notifications are fixed to show the DeepStack info! :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@samplenhold - Yeah, I have seen incredibly accurate results with it, and then sometimes not so accurate LOL. You don't happen to have the android app do you LOL.