Play mp3 audio from hikvision ds-2cd2386g2-isu/sl speaker on demand

Manic

n3wb
Reaction score
Scenario: I have a short term let and I would like to play a custom sound file through my camera speaker (above) to alert guests when they are using outdoor areas beyond a certain time which is not permitted by the local council. I have BI4. Are there any tutorials to do this?

I don't want a strobe or alarm, just a pleasant reminder that use of outdoor areas is not permitted.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Scenario: I have a short term let and I would like to play a custom sound file through my camera speaker (above) to alert guests when they are using outdoor areas beyond a certain time which is not permitted by the local council. I have BI4. Are there any tutorials to do this?

I don't want a strobe or alarm, just a pleasant reminder that use of outdoor areas is not permitted.

Thanks.
You need to convert the mp3 to wav and add it to the BI sounds folder. You can then use it as the sound that is played when the camera is triggered.

Manic

n3wb
Reaction score
Tha
You need to convert the mp3 to wav and add it to the BI sounds folder. You can then use it as the sound that is played when the camera is triggered.
Thanks Fenderman. There is no 'sounds' folder does this need to be manually created? I also want to only manually play this through the camera when I choose...or at 11pm only. Not every time the camera triggers as this can be annoying if people are sleeping. Is this possible? Thanks again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is indeed a sounds folder that comes with several sound samples.

C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\Sounds

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tha

Thanks Fenderman. There is no 'sounds' folder does this need to be manually created? I also want to only manually play this through the camera when I choose...or at 11pm only. Not every time the camera triggers as this can be annoying if people are sleeping. Is this possible? Thanks again.
As noted above the sound folder already exists. If you want it to sound when you choose you can setup a specific profile that sound an alarm upon trigger then enable that profile and manually trigger the camera. If you want it to sound at a specific time, setup the profile to change at that time - to the profile that alerts to the cam - then in cameras settings>schedule >event, setup a trigger to occur at that time.

Manic

n3wb
Reaction score
There is indeed a sounds folder that comes with several sound samples.

C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\Sounds
OK got it, was looking in the data directory. Thanks.

For the second part of the question. Do you know where to configure this file to be played on request? Is it here:
1676858104118.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to set that up in the alerts tab

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct. Then go to configure and set it up for when and which sound.