Playback Dahua camera recordings on Android

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a standalone Dahua camera that I configured to record to SFTP on events.

I use the (official) DMSS app directly (no P2P, etc) and it works extremely well for live view. At 1080p, I get fluid 500KB/s.

If I go to playback, I can see the recordings on the timeline, but the timeline is very clumsy to navigate and often results in camera disconnected errors.
I managed a couple of times (out of dozens) to get playback, so I know it should work, but obviously the app is not ready for it, or I'm not using it right.

I can see the recordings and snapshots on the FTP server using a computer, but the way they are organized, is very tedious.

So what can I use to see the recordings on Android mobile, preferably with a useful timeline and thumbnails?

I tried Easy Viewer Pro and the Amcrest app, but they barely worked as good as DMSS.
I understand tiny cam can only playback recordings or made itself on the Android device.

I wanted to try Blue Iris, but it seems the paid app sucks big time - according to Google play reviews.

So I'm open to suggestions

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FWIW, to use the BI app you must have BI VMS installed on a PC server.
That's not a problem. I don't have an NVR and I'm considering Blue Iris. They have trial period for the VMS but not for the app. If the app could do playback reliably, it would be great candidate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most here don't use the BI app - it is only needed for two way talk cameras.

Most here use UI3 that is free and native to BI and is browser based.