Playback painfully jerky, slow and stuttering.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any chance he has a graphics driver problem?
How would I go about fixing it if true?
Last night I updated the Intel graphics drivers through the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to see if it would have an effect. It didn't.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
maybe see if Windows update history shows any intel updates just prior to the problem starting?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A graphics driver is certainly a possibility. But so are a lot of other things.

We do not have many running Win11 and latest BI and DS, so anything is possible in that arrangement.

How about disable every camera and what is the CPU with BI running with no cameras?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
There always blow up the whole system and go back to the beggining. The nice thing about incremental daily backups is you can go back to a healthy image before the trouble began.Screenshot 2022-02-02 172352.png

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what happens when I play back an alert while all cameras are disabled.

1643844267472.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at the RAM creeping up. Starting to look like a memory leak.

With basically nothing running but windows and BI with no cameras, you should be 1ish%. Why is the GPU still so high?

There is something else going on with your system itself outside of BI that needs to be addressed.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Incremental daily updates? Where?
Macrium Reflect, or any other backup program, that has daily incrementals. when shit goes sideways...you can revert to the last known good backup before all hell broke loose....then if it was a software issue it will clear up, if it's a hardware issue then it may remain.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look at the RAM creeping up.
Where? It's been at 4.8GB for a while now.

Why is the GPU still so high?
I have no idea. Isn't the process list supposed to show which processes are using the GPU?

There is something else going on with your system itself outside of BI that needs to be addressed.
Yeah but how else do I find what it is? I gave you the screenshot of my processes, and the one using the resources the most is BI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should have dropped with all the cameras disabled.

Do the DISM and sfc commands work in WIN11? - maybe you have a corrupt install and see if those will detect and correct it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did the "reset this PC" and it removed everything from HP that was Bloatware. using the Run as Administrator Command line from somebodies post on here.
"I can tell you how to get a quick and easy perfect installation of Win 10.( that could probably be done remotely too.) It leaves your Apps intact but completely removes and replaces Windows. Furthermore, it comes with all the latest updates installed so no updating needed (it's usually the updates that break Windows). Did I say it's very fast. Think 10 minutes not 3 days.

Ok it's a 3 step process but quick. 1st step is really a system check and can be skipped or run alone without step 2 or 3. However, if you run step 2, either after step 1 or without step 1, you must run step 3.

Hope that makes sense. Step 1 is a more comprehensive version of the system check utility and sometimes fixes items the Windows run one can't. However, it doesn't fix everything, and whilst worth trying, sometimes only a re-installation will do.

Step 1:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
Step 2:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Step 3:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do the DISM and sfc commands work in WIN11? - maybe you have a corrupt install and see if those will detect and correct it.
I did all three steps.

1643845204416.png

Here's the result after rebooting, all cameras enabled.

1643845240672.png

No change.

I've downloaded a Windows 10 ISO with the media creation tool, and I'm about to nuke the entire Windows 11 install.

What do I need to make sure all the settings for BI and its cameras are backed up? Just the .reg file?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah do an export and save it to another drive and get your full license number in the event something totally screws up.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you suggest that I run those three DISM and SFC steps outlined above before I install BI on Windows 10?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No you already ran it on 11 and showed no corruption yet you still have high numbers.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Heres what messed me up on a new install. In the record tab are you saving any .jpgs on that tab? I noticed on my reboot/reinstall of Windows10 and BI on the new machine that the default selection that came up first in .jpg cature was fucking "Continous" which, as went thru and was setting jpeg captures, slowly pegged my cpu gpu meters. Until I caught the " devil in the details". Now that I understand how to screen capture from the security video reviews i don't use that feature in my Condo PC. Screenshot 2022-02-02 185130.pngScreenshot 2022-02-02 185228.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
in my previous version of BI 5. from an Amcrest disc of BI 5, continous was not the default and/or it was not an available choice. but when I updated to 5.4.7.11....it caught me off guard.