Playback painfully jerky, slow and stuttering.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It better drop a lot or you will be ticked LOL.

Unfortunately we just don't have enough here that made the jump to Win11 to know the impacts yet.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At that point I would think so.

Everything in your settings in BI seems like it shouldn't be the reason.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The HDD would be the leading cause. RAM would be next.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I meant more for if it is still the jerky playback.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right, but I mean if it's still using an inordinately large amount of CPU resources.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Be careful about chasing ghosts. I ran BI on Win 10, i7-3770 for years just fine. Last summer the machine would freeze. Just freeze, whatever was on the display froze. Nothing in the logs. I pulled ram sticks one at a time, cleared BI and reinstalled,did a clean install of Windows several times. No change.

Got my current BI i7-6700 from eBay, installed Linux Mint on the old machine, because, why not?

That was late summer, the old BI machine, running Linux Mint is my daily driver, has zero issues, and I run the BI machine headless with RDP.

While I think your graphics and CPU is running high, it works, and may be Win 11.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That was late summer, the old BI machine, running Linux Mint is my daily driver, has zero issues, and I run the BI machine headless with RDP.
So you're saying you replaced an aging system with a new system. Ok, not sure why that's a surprising conclusion. Am I missing something? How many cameras are you running on it? And what's the performance like on idle while the console window is open - and when playing back a mainstream recording?

I don't think this is chasing ghosts, I'm very concerned about the fact that I've got a late-gen system that can barely keep up with 7 cameras because I want to add a few more. Not to mention that it's being extremely unpredictable.
Yesterday I was seeing barely any performance hit with RDP, now look at the performance between RDP and Parsec.

1643945527561.png 1643945771266.png
Parsec - Console window open vs Parsec - console window closed.

1643945601675.png 1643945663348.png
RDP - Console window open vs. RDP - Console window Closed

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Be careful about chasing ghosts. I ran BI on Win 10, i7-3770 for years just fine. Last summer the machine would freeze. Just freeze, whatever was on the display froze. Nothing in the logs. I pulled ram sticks one at a time, cleared BI and reinstalled,did a clean install of Windows several times. No change.

Got my current BI i7-6700 from eBay, installed Linux Mint on the old machine, because, why not?
I had that experience on my i7-3770. just freeze, whatever was on the display. chased a few ghosts ram sticks, graphics card, the SMR WD blues were only part of the problem, they really sucked at playback. fucking horrible.
Now here it sits under my desk, looking longingly at me, as if to ask Linux Mint? LOL

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had that experience on my i7-3770. just freeze, whatever was on the display. chased a few ghosts ram sticks, graphics card, the SMR WD blues were only part of the problem, they really sucked at playback. fucking horrible.
So how did you fix it?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I pulled it from service. went for a higher performing 6 core CPU with lower energy costs ....Hp Elitedesk g4-800 i5-8500 with WD purp drive and a little help from fenderman on the right graphics driver to stop the hiccups it had initially. the March 23rd 2020 or 2019 driver at nvidia. That did the trick with my version of Intel graphics.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a link to that version or tell me the version number? I'd very much like to try it on my end

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i'll tell you what thought, this old i5-4590 Optiplex is my daily driver, running everything that is my whole life, You tube, web surfing, printing, quick books...and BI was added later, for shits and giggles, havent had any hiccups with it....on 9 cams