Please help, SD49425XB-HNR for Church streaming.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Everyone has been of great help in the past and would like to pick your brain a little more. I’m back in town for a little while and trying to improve the system.

In April of this year I installed a SD49425XB-HNR to stream my church’s services on YouTube. Originally I was using RTMP to stream directly to YouTube; when the camera arrived, there wasn’t a RTMP option in the firmware so Andy sent me a different firmware version that fixed that.

Since then I have started using Xsplit Broadcaster so RTMP is no longer a factor. Even though this is a PTZ, the stream has always been of a static view. Today I was able to attend the service and was testing out some of the presets by way of EasyPTZ. Here is the video and I will write the times in the questions below.
  1. When using a preset and then the arrows to fine tune the frame, I noticed that the focus was off and took a little time to adjust. Is there a way to lock a specific focus to each preset? (2:10:40 - 2:11:30)
  2. In the middle of the service the camera rebooted for no reason (2:29:27). I am using a AC power supply which has maybe 15’ of cable between the plug and camera.
  3. I’m wondering if updating the firmware might help. As I mentioned, Andy sent me a different version because of the RTMP which isn’t needed anymore. What is the latest stable version and where would I find it to download? I do not care about auto tracking since that feature would have to be turned off.
Thanks!
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 12.20.08 PM.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That poe injector is not rated high enough for that camera.
That injector shows it is IEEE802.3af , and the camera requires IEEE802.3at, which is POE +.
In short, the camera is starved for power with the unit you are using, that's why it's rebooting.
See cam specs here: SD49425XB-HNR
Ask Andy for any firmware updates, or check here: Downloads
Update firmware at your own risk, typically if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The focus issues I'm seeing is fairly typical of that type of cam. Not a whole lot you can do.
It appears to be doing a good job overall.
If you have the bandwidth to spare, it could stand to have the bitrate raised some.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That poe injector is not rated high enough for that camera.
That injector shows it is IEEE802.3af , and the camera requires IEEE802.3at, which is POE +.
In short, the camera is starved for power with the unit you are using, that's why it's rebooting.
See cam specs here: SD49425XB-HNR
Ask Andy for any firmware updates, or check here: Downloads
Update firmware at your own risk, typically if it's not broke, don't fix it.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Seems like a made an error. Looks like Andy had sent me a plug-in adapter with the camera and using that. The POE adapter was for a camera in my house.
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 2.04.04 PM.jpg

Last edited:

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The focus issues I'm seeing is fairly typical of that type of cam. Not a whole lot you can do.
It appears to be doing a good job overall.
If you have the bandwidth to spare, it could stand to have the bitrate raised some.
I am still a novice when it comes to this stuff, mostly plug n pray :wow: Xsplit is broadcasting at 1280 x 720 @30fps.
Here are the camera settings, what would you recommend?
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 2.15.43 PM.jpg

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Set the bit rate to CBR. That should help. You can also raise the resolution if your broadcast software will allow it. 720P is pretty low.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Set the bit rate to CBR. That should help. You can also raise the resolution if your broadcast software will allow it. 720P is pretty low.
When I first set things up, people were saying that the stream kept pausing on YouTube; so I dialed down the settings. Per your suggestion I changed to CBR and 1080P, not sure what Bit Rate I should use.

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 3.03.24 PM.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
4096 is fine for a 2MP resolution. The YouTube problem can be related to the way they covert the video for public consumption, but don't quote me on that.