Please, I need help. Wansview W6 IP Camera

Reaction score
I am having so many issues with these cameras. Following is an email I sent Wansview which did no good.

1. They will NOT connect through rtsp or onvif. I have done everything the way you are supposed to. I have the cameras set up with dedicated ips on a subnet through my router. I access it directly through that network. I know the ip addresses of every camera. I know the rtsp stream, I have the ports opened and reserved for this. Firewall is set up to handle this. My network is fine. It still will not connect to any 3rd party application. I have tried multiple times.

2. The cameras disconnect all the time. Sometimes temporarily, sometimes completely offline. Of course they aren't really offline because I can see them connected to the router and network. Also I can access it on mobile but not desktop. Sometimes vice versa. there is no rhyme ro reason to it. They are well withing range of the router. Only a few feet except for one and somehow that is the only one that doesn't seem to have the issues. The channel is clear with no interference. I signed up for the extended cloud and of course it does no good when the cameras aren't connecting to the service. Why am I going to pay for a service that doesn't work?

3. The image quality on the desktop viewer is NOT 1080p. On mobile it looks fine. Desktop it is horrible.

4. The audio does not work like it should. The camera microphone picks up audio it just won't output correctly. On mobile it will only output through the single phone speaker. The one you use when you hold the phone up to your ear. It will not output over "speaker". I have tried every setting possible, including using third party software to force my phone to output like that. Still won't output your app that way. On Desktop it's basically the same thing. The volume is so low on desktop that I can't hear it without headphones. It is not my system. Everything else works fine. I should not have to hold a mobile phone to my ear to hear the audio. Doing so prevents me from seeing the video stream. The 2 way audio is so far worthless to me.

I am at a loss at this point. I can view the cameras sporadically. Never consistently or when I need to see them. I have searched the web and can not get the answers I need. I don't know what else to do. These things just are not working for me. I have a background in the IT industry so this should not be this hard but it has me beaten,

Please, if you have any idea what to do, please let me know. I have to have surveillance. I just had my car stolen, second time in 5 months, and people firing weapons on my street. I know I need to move but I can't yet.

Thank you.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car. Please check out the cameras recommended by many users here in the cliff notes link below. It looks like that cam goes for about 39-45 dollars, so do expect too much from them.

Sounds like you are trying to use WiFi, have you tried one wired? Looking around with google, it appears you are not the only one having issues with the Wansview cameras, as someone else was complaining on reddit about disconnects and image quality.

According to ISPY, I assume you are using something like: rtsp:/admin:password@192.168.1.110/live/ch0. Try using VLC program and see if it does the same thing.