Plug for cable gland?

99ls1tj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m sure I can rig something up, but I thought there might be an easy solution to this. I need a plug for this cable gland to create a water tight seal on the cat6 cable. Any suggestions? Thx

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hmmmm...
I'd probably just use silicone caulk...

cage771

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agreed......some silicon caulk or RTV would be my solution as well. Put it in as layers and it will have a clean and professional appearance. Plus it's easily removable if needed.

Edit - or you could buy a different one with a smaller throat which would seal up the cable better.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Amazon sells these which have a rubber grommet I believe:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

cage771

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could put the cable in conduit and run the conduit directly into it.
Or some flex conduit of Seal Tite. Flex would be inexpensive......Seal Tite will cost more because of the cost of the fittings. I think both of these options would look nicer in the end and give better mounting options. Straight pipe might look strange depending upon location.

99ls1tj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably should have explained the situation a little better. I want to come out of the box on the ceiling, between the 4x4 and the siding and mount the camera close to where you see the blue wire. Not really wanting to use a big piece of conduit, but I’m open to suggestions. Thx for the replies.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Probably should have explained the situation a little better. I want to come out of the box on the ceiling, between the 4x4 and the siding and mount the camera close to where you see the blue wire. Not really wanting to use a big piece of conduit, but I’m open to suggestions. Thx for the replies.
Remember a drip loop if the cable is exposed outside...