POE Camera Wont Work On Swann System?

bryanviper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just bought a Swann swnvr-47085h with 2 cameras. The cameras that were supplied in the box work.
However I have a Galaxy NV743MF-IR POE Camera which you can see here - http://www.onlinesecuritystore.ca/Galaxy-3.0MP-Outdoor-Vandal-Proof-IR-Dome-IP-Camera-Home-Business-Security-Residential-Surveillance- NV743MF-IR4

I have had it for a year without issues however your Swann system does not seem to be picking it up at all? Can you please tell me how I can add my camera to the system so it works? Is there a setting or maybe a firmware update that will allow it to work on the dvr I just bought?

Or any suggestions for a user friendly Interface/setup. Will also be setting it up so I can view it on my iphone.

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the Swann system even compatible with anything other than a Swann camera?

What led you to believe that you can run that camera with the Swann NVR?

Even if you could (doesn't look like it) run the camera on there it will only record at 720p.

IP cameras are not 'just' IP cameras, you can't just mix and match any combination.

PS: That's a bloody expensive price for a 3MP dome.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well the camera for sale there (in the picture anyway) is a HIK, but Dame talk about taking the piss, the price is 3X what it should be.
Save your self time and money contact @milkisbad for realistic US prices.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well the camera for sale there (in the picture anyway) is a HIK, but Dame talk about taking the piss, the price is 3X what it should be.
Wow $250. I thought we got ripped off in the UK.

+1 @milkisbad is your best bet

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didnt mention the price of a Hik off ali as I would have thought OP would be face palming himself. I'd be as well if I spent 3x the value of an item for nothing. Just because some bloke was 'smart' enough to keep stock local and wipe the brands off.

bryanviper

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought it would generally be all compatible? But apparently not.

I did not pay that much for the camera, thats just a website I found that had the model. I paid $160 Canadian (prices are usually higher here)

As for the swann system I can easily return it and get my money back which is also another reason why I got it so I could test. Any suggestions for a Good DVR, that I can easily setup to view on my smart phone?

Is the Swann system even compatible with anything other than a Swann camera?

What led you to believe that you can run that camera with the Swann NVR?

Even if you could (doesn't look like it) run the camera on there it will only record at 720p.

IP cameras are not 'just' IP cameras, you can't just mix and match any combination.

PS: That's a bloody expensive price for a 3MP dome.
- - - Updated - - -

I'm not in canada but the usa. Also I paid $160 Cad for that camera.

Not sure if that user would ship to Canada or not?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just buy yourself a HIK ds-7604ni/se/p don't mess about with unbranded NVR's with no firmware support or updates

bryanviper

n3wb
Reaction score

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you are getting hikvision cameras than use a hikvision nvr (and vice-versa) that includes for Hikvision OEM stuff like LTS.

bryanviper

n3wb
Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to buy and which version exactly. If possible I would like to buy locally in Canada but if thats not possible I can order online if its from a reliable source.

Thanks