POE flood light with "passthrough to IP camera"

bc99

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone use this or any other POE floodlight? The one I bought was $35 on amazon by a company called ATX LED. It's only 8 Watts, not too bright, but it also allows your separate IP camera to work on the same POE connection. Even though it's a bit weak, I do like the convenience of having a separate light and IP camera on the same cat6. For some reason this type of product isn't mentioned much around here. Anyone have any experience or insight about something more powerful and POE/POE+ powered?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone use this or any other POE floodlight? The one I bought was $35 on amazon by a company called ATX LED. It's only 8 Watts, not too bright, but it also allows your separate IP camera to work on the same POE connection. Even though it's a bit weak, I do like the convenience of having a separate light and IP camera on the same cat6. For some reason this type of product isn't mentioned much around here. Anyone have any experience or insight about something more powerful and POE/POE+ powered?
Wattage is not indicative of brightness, its the lumen.
You can run multiple devices over one Ethernet cable using an Ethernet powered switch. The same company sells its own led drivers so you can make your own powerful lights.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bc99 They also have a 20 watt poe floodlight