Poe splitter not working for tplink

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More terminology nitpick: If you are supplying power via the camera's 12 volt power jack, you are not using POE. You cannot use POE with the C440W. The passive splitter has nothing to do with POE. It's merely placing 12 volt power on 4 otherwise unused wires in the ethernet cable, then "splitting" it off on the far end.
+1^^^.

When we talk about a "POE switch", a "POE Injector", a "POE camera" or a "POE NVR", we're actually referencing POE ("Power Over Ethernet") devices that conform to IEEE standards 802.3af/at and 802.3bt and more as found here.

If one is having difficulty falling asleep at night, check out the info here.

There's even info on the "passive" type application in devices where the injector does not communicate with the powered device to negotiate its voltage or wattage requirements, found here.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. True true. To be honest I didn't like how tplink markets the camera . The box says it supports "PoE/12V DC"
Reminds me of the Zmodo, Funlux, Sannce crap marketed as "sPOE" or "Simplified POE" where 4 wires were used, 2 for power and 2 for data.

Oh, yeah...I'm a fan of TP-LINK products but somebody in marketing got their wires crossed (sorry...I couldn't resist). :facepalm::lmao: