POE Suggestion

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just looking for any suggestions for a 4 port poe switch. Here's the catch: is going to be in my unfinished garage which gets pretty cold in the winter and pretty warm/humid in the summer.
Basically, the way my house is laid out, the only way to run cable to my garage is through a small diameter conduit that runs through the foundation and pops out into the garage. There is only room for one cat6 cable so a switch in the garage is my best bet. I've considered other ways but it would be a TON of work.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's perfect! Saves me from running electric too. Just ordered it, thanks for the help nayr

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got it in today and hooked up a few spare cameras up to bench test it. @nayr, what is the process for accessing the cameras in the nvr? I am running a lts8716-p16 and have the switch plugged into one of the poe ports on the nvr. The nvr automatically added the first camera I plugged into the switch but I am not seeing the rest. Any pointers? I considered using sdap but since the cameras are on the nvr's subnet, i didn't think it would work.
I know all of the cameras are powered up and connected per the lights on the switch and the cameras auto switching to ir when I turn the lights off.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Never mind!! I came back to my NVR after dinner and found both cameras added. That was easy