POE Trigger/Switch for Mailbox Cameras on BI?

Reaction score
Check out ONVIF Device Manager (ONVIF Device Manager). It hasn't been updated in about nine years, but it still works and finds IP addresses of ONVIF devices on your network (even if they are in a different subnet) which will prevent you from having to install all sorts of third party camera management tools. I picked up a Revotech as well as another brand mini-camera and was able to find and reconfigure both of them through their web interfaces without any issues.

Justin Blackburn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know you went a different route, but for anyone else that encounters this issue, what I would do is wire a contact sensor at the mailbox to one pair of a cat 6. Then you can put the Shelly at the other end (in your house) of the cat 6 cable where you get good WiFi. No reason it has to be at the mailbox.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know you went a different route, but for anyone else that encounters this issue, what I would do is wire a contact sensor at the mailbox to one pair of a cat 6. Then you can put the Shelly at the other end (in your house) of the cat 6 cable where you get good WiFi. No reason it has to be at the mailbox.
True, but then I need to run a dedicated string of CatX for the sensor. But it's certainly a good idea to consider.