Poor image quality HDB4300C

dwflo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua 3M dome camera (HDB4300C) that had been working fine for a few years, then recently started having image quality problems. Colors are off and image pixilated. If I go in Setup/Video/Video tab and select default (reset Mainstream/Substream to default), the problem is gone for awhile.

I tried replacing the camera, new one does the same thing. I tried replacing my PoE switch, same problem.

Weird thing is when there is an motion event, the problem goes away until the motion event ends, then the colors go black/white and image is horrible for a few seconds, them back to just poor image/colors.

Any idea what might be happening? I can't imagine I have 2 defective camera.

poor image quality.jpg worse for few seconds after motion event.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Dahua 3M dome camera (HDB4300C) that had been working fine for a few years, then recently started having image quality problems. Colors are off and image pixilated. If I go in Setup/Video/Video tab and select default (reset Mainstream/Substream to default), the problem is gone for awhile.

I tried replacing the camera, new one does the same thing. I tried replacing my PoE switch, same problem.

Weird thing is when there is an motion event, the problem goes away until the motion event ends, then the colors go black/white and image is horrible for a few seconds, them back to just poor image/colors.

Any idea what might be happening? I can't imagine I have 2 defective camera.

View attachment 27876 View attachment 27879
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
have you tried testing with a short store bought cable?

dwflo

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I haven't tried that yet. I could try running a long patch cable into the garage and power it up with an injector there. Weather to damn cold and windy today to play outside today tho

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I haven't tried that yet. I could try running a long patch cable into the garage and power it up with an injector there. Weather to damn cold and windy today to play outside today tho
you should have the old camera in the house unless you left that up...test that one..

dwflo

n3wb
Reaction score
you should have the old camera in the house unless you left that up...test that one..
That's my plan, I'll setup the old camera temporarily on a long patch cable, outside, see if it acts differently. I'll post the results afterwards.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's my plan, I'll setup the old camera temporarily on a long patch cable, outside, see if it acts differently. I'll post the results afterwards.
You can test indoors

dwflo

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out. We recently got new cell phones and I re-installed our IP cam viewer app ('IP Cam Viewer Basic'). I had the camera definitions in the app set for manufacturer= Dahua. Previously was set for ONVIF on the old cell phones. Seems when the app when connecting to the camera was changing the bitstream on the camera to 'Customized 2048' and that was causing the pixialation. App is now set to ONVIF and all's well.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciated your input!