Porch prowler

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I was going to say "he's probably looking for something to use as a belt," but he actually does have a belt.

Capture from a 2.8mm Hik 8MP IPC-T2385G-I at 1/200th second, 60 max Gain, HLC at 50 to counteract the overexposure effect of the floodlights.

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With all the emphasis everyone is putting on "AI" features these days, they should just set up cameras to call the police the moment someone walks into the scene with their pants this low.
LOL! Yes, I need this feature!

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Judging by this and your other captures, you sure get some 'savory' looking folks in that parking lot...

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want an 8mp or 4k camera with this type of good overview clarity AND good resolution on digital zoom when reviewing...BUT...I need it for areas with no external lighting using the camera's IR only. Does this camera yet exist at a consumer level affordable price?

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Judging by this and your other captures, you sure get some 'savory' looking folks in that parking lot...
In my city, my neighborhood is referred to as Felony Flats. It's slowly improving, but there's still drug houses and people driven to desperate measures.

I want an 8mp or 4k camera with this type of good overview clarity AND good resolution on digital zoom when reviewing...BUT...I need it for areas with no external lighting using the camera's IR only. Does this camera yet exist at a consumer level affordable price?
I posted some initial dark-scene videos from another one of this model in this thread: IPC-T2385G-I Hikvision 8MP fixed turret (night videos added) In those clips, It's just draped out a window at twice the height it'll actually be installed at. Once it's installed properly, I'll do some additional night videos and be trying for fast, blur-free shutter speeds, so you might want to watch that thread and see how it fares.

The problem with a camera running mainly on its own IR, is that the camera is looking straight down the beam, so it doesn't get the side lighting that throws facial features into contrast. If you took the same IR and put it 30 degrees off to the side of the camera itself, now noses and facial lines start to show in relief. A good illustration: stand at the top of a pitch-dark stairway with a flashlight. Hold the flashlight down at waist level, and the stairs blend together. Hold it above your head, and every stair step is extremely obvious because you can see the shadow of each step on the one below it. So using some separate IR emitters could be a valuable boost if your scene's really dark.