Port forwarding using upnp

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi i set up blue iris upnp and port forward my router to access bi from a remote location.. also using noip ddns service.. works great for a while but eventually i lose the port forwarding in bi pc program.. i have to go back through the wizard and readd it.. router wont do vpn so thats not an option. How can i get bi to keep the upnp blue iris port in the program permanently in there. Also if the pc or router lose power the same thing happens.. i want to set it and forget it.. please help thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi i set up blue iris upnp and port forward my router to access bi from a remote location.. also using noip ddns service.. works great for a while but eventually i lose the port forwarding in bi pc program.. i have to go back through the wizard and readd it.. router wont do vpn so thats not an option. How can i get bi to keep the upnp blue iris port in the program permanently in there. Also if the pc or router lose power the same thing happens.. i want to set it and forget it.. please help thanks
you should get a router that supports vpn...
the issue you are having is related to the local ip of the blue iris pc changing...disable upnp in the router..no need for it...use dhcp reservation to set the ip of the blue iris machine so it doesnt change...forward the blue iris webserver port

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
you should get a router that supports vpn...
the issue you are having is related to the local ip of the blue iris pc changing...disable upnp in the router..no need for it...use dhcp reservation to set the ip of the blue iris machine so it doesnt change...forward the blue iris webserver port
Dhcp is that in the router settings?