Portable Monitor with BI?

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been looking to see if I might be able to use a portable Monitor http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-15-6-widescreen-flat-panel-usb-3-0-powered-portable-led-monitor-glossy-piano-black/4218018.p?id=1219096934643&skuId=4218018, or similar, with my new PC but I'm not sure if the small portable monitors I have been looking at will work with the BI software? I,m sure the PC will handle it but not so sure about what the minimum requirements are for a monitor relative to compatibility with BI?

Is there anyone using a portable monitor?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why not use a standard monitor that is larger?
The usb uses some cpu overhead.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Portable Monitor? I think the kids call them tablets now days..

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not use a standard monitor that is larger?
The usb uses some cpu overhead.
I will only use the monitor now and then and because my system will be in a remote farm location I want something small that I can take home with me; so it wont walk away.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will only use the monitor now and then and because my system will be in a remote farm location I want something small that I can take home with me; so it wont walk away.
leave a cheap monitor there or tie it down with something - no one takes monitors... USB wont work in Bios/preboot...that alone makes it not a good choice.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Portable Monitor? I think the kids call them tablets now days..
But the tablet is a complete computer. I just need a display device that I can now and then plug into the Lil PC. Ie I am going to initially download the BI sw and maybe the TeamViewer sw. There are no doubt other situations when it will be better to use a plug in monitor; such a setting up the hardware/cams, diagnosing the installs etc.

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wouldn't over complicate things. Just go to a yard sale, on eBay or craigslist and get you a cheap 15in flat screen monitor. You could prob find one for 20 bucks. They're not heavy. And other than the cables dangling they are quite portable.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wouldn't over complicate things. Just go to a yard sale, on eBay or craigslist and get you a cheap 15in flat screen monitor. You could prob find one for 20 bucks. They're not heavy. And other than the cables dangling they are quite portable.
Ya, I have to agree after researching it a bit more.