Possible office building customer for coming up. Recommendations for Dahua cameras?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy mother of fuck. That estimator....says I need 49TB for what im doing right now.....Somebody in sales/ marketing must be pumping bullshit into the calc.
It could be compression has become better since it was set up. Maybe it needs a tweak.

Reaction score
In that scenario, obviously low light is less of a concern unless the power is down or the fuse board interefered with. That probably depends on the risk factors of the business and whether it's something the casual criminal will attack or something like a bank which might attract the professional criminal who will plan and go to much further lengths to try to circumvent security.

Last edited:

rsoxhater

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Little late to the game here, and I build my systems on Milestone, so I'm not sure if blue iris has this capability. I mostly use Dell Optiplex SFF computers for small installs. I take the system NVME drive and break off 100gb for the "live" drive in Milestone, that catches all the recordings. They are then archived to a 3.5" enterprise drive sata drive in the computer after a set period of 8-24 hours for the full retention time. With the speed of the NVME drives, you can record way more on one system since the data is being written to NVME drive from memory instead of the SATA drive.

For systems that are mission critical, you can use a regular optiplex desktop instead of the small form factor, which will have slots for 2 NVME a drives and 2 SATA drives so you can do a RAID 1 on each.