Possible to change duration of each stop of a Tour?

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm making some tours in Settings -> PTZ -> Function -> Tour, and I can easily make a sequence of presets for the tour to go to, but I can't change the duration of each stop from 15 seconds. It loses any of my edits as soon as I click out of the Duration field.

Does anyone know how to change the duration of each stop?

If it's a factor I'm using a SD49225T-HN, latest firmware (2.622.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2018-04-04)

Edit: whoops, looks like I can change the preset duration to anything 15 seconds or longer. Just not shorter. I wonder what the logic of that is, since 15 seconds is a pretty long time to stay in one place if you're trying to keep an eye on a few angles at once.

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same issue here on my SD6CE245U-HNI (and also my SD49225T-HN) when adding or editing or adding Tour presets: The duration of each present which is added to the tour must be 15-seconds (or greater). For example: editing a tour preset to a "5" (second) value is not possible and the interface changes the "5" to a "15."

I'm wondering if there is a firmware update that corrects this issue?

Here's the firmware running on my SD6CE245U-HNI...

FW-Ver.jpg

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Agreed about the firmware update. In its current form the tour feature isn't very useful. I can't imagine wanting a tour where it stays at each stop for 15 seconds.

On a sidenote I made a little Windows program to control my Dahua camera, it has the ability to define tours of any duration:

gizmoware.net/easyptz

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed about the firmware update. In its current form the tour feature isn't very useful. I can't imagine wanting a tour where it stays at each stop for 15 seconds.

On a sidenote I made a little Windows program to control my Dahua camera, it has the ability to define tours of any duration:

gizmoware.net/easyptz
Thank you. I saw that, and it looks like very good work. But I use Blue Iris, and nothing else. Blue Iris has an "auto patrol" function which patrols all BI recognized presents for a given PTZ camera. This Blue Iris functionality also allows one to control duration of the "dwell" (in seconds) for each preset.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great. I tried it but it was definitely overkill for my non security oriented use (to be expected since it's for security), and it kept pegging my CPU at 100% . I love the lightweight simplicity of TinyCam Pro for Android and wanted to make something similar for non mobile.

Out of curiosity, are those presets defined on the camera itself or is it able to make its own presets? In other words if you go to the camera's web interface > settings > ptz functions do you see the blue Iris created presets?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great. I tried it but it was definitely overkill for my non security oriented use (to be expected since it's for security), and it kept pegging my CPU at 100% . I love the lightweight simplicity of TinyCam Pro for Android and wanted to make something similar for non mobile.

Out of curiosity, are those presets defined on the camera itself or is it able to make its own presets? In other words if you go to the camera's web interface > settings > ptz functions do you see the blue Iris created presets?
It kept pegging at 100 percent because you didnt set it up properly.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are those presets defined on the camera itself or is it able to make its own presets? In other words if you go to the camera's web interface > settings > ptz functions do you see the Blue Iris created presets?
  1. Define and set all of the presets on the camera itself, using the camera's built-in web interface.
  2. After setting up all of the presets in the camera, run the Blue Iris Console and select the PTZ camera whose presets you just setup and navigate to Blue Iris Options > Video > Configure > Find/Inspect... > Once the Inspection is complete ("Done") press "Close" > "OK"
  3. To adjust the number of seconds that Blue Iris "dwells" or "lingers" on each preset, select the PTZ camera with the presets you are working with and navigate to Blue Iris Options > PTZ/Control > Edit Presets > Then click on each present to adjust the dwell/limger seconds.
HTH!

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping there's some functionality in the dahua API that I missed that allows for querying the camera's current position (in degrees XYZ or whatever) and storing it outside the camera's internal presets. It does however make it easy to store presets at any position, with the only downside being that by default it displays the preset name when you save it. A great api all around, still learning what's possible.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think PTZ control has changed much, but some really old versions of their API still make the rounds. This one is reasonably current:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/Amcrest+HTTP+API+3.2017.pdf

I think the delay in the tour setting aims to prevent setting up a tour that causes the camera to rapidly change directions. If it were commanded to change directions at maximum speed before it reached a full stop you can imagine that could eventually cause some damage.

Last edited:

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think the delay in the tour setting aims to prevent setting up a tour that causes the camera to rapidly change directions
I thought so too but then discovered that the patterns and "patrols" (I think that's the name, where the camera sweeps back and forth between two points) do the same thing as a tour except with with no pauses whatsoever. And repeat that action forever.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same issue here on my SD6CE245U-HNI (and also my SD49225T-HN) when adding or editing or adding Tour presets: The duration of each present which is added to the tour must be 15-seconds (or greater). For example: editing a tour preset to a "5" (second) value is not possible and the interface changes the "5" to a "15."

I'm wondering if there is a firmware update that corrects this issue?

Here's the firmware running on my SD6CE245U-HNI...

View attachment 34133
My SD59225U-HNI PTZ, with totally different firmware has the same limitation at 15 seconds. Even if I lower the speed to 1.

You can also setup the presets from Blue IRIS, either manually or by clicking and holding one of the Preset numbers in the PTZ bar. You can also do this in UI3. They all get stored in the camera.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Too bad, if the API had a way to query the camera's coordinates and tell the camera to go to specific coordinates, I was thinking it would be possible to make a tracking system like this:

SOLOSHOT® Robot Cameraman‎

I guess it would still be possible using presets as calibration points.

Last edited:

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ha that would be funny. I've heard good things about them, but come to think of it have never seen a user generated demo so maybe all those accounts are based on fabricated demos.

Seems very doable with a transmitting gps (phone app) that can set presets in the camera. Thinking aloud: go to a few points and press the "calibrate" button, which sets a preset in the camera and stores that preset and gps coordinate in the controlling computer (a rapsberry pi or whatever). With a sufficient number of calibration points it should be able to follow the person with the GPS transmitter.

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The SD6CE245U-HNI and SD49225T-HN also allow one to setup "Powerup" and "Idle Motion"...

Settings > PTZ > Function

Iddle Motion: Activate (either) Preset / Pan / Scan / Tour / Pattern if there is no command issued to the camera within the specified number of minutes

Powerup: Activate (either) Preset / Pan / Scan / Tour / Pattern after power failure and upon camera reboot