Possible to disable browser-based interface?

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I realize the browser interface and BI iOS app use the same port -- I'm wondering if it's possible to disable the interface that is available in a browser? I don't have any use for the browser version and I'd prefer if it were disabled all together. I only use the iOS app in my set up.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I realize the browser interface and BI iOS app use the same port -- I'm wondering if it's possible to disable the interface that is available in a browser? I don't have any use for the browser version and I'd prefer if it were disabled all together. I only use the iOS app in my set up.

Thanks!
Why are you even thinking about this?

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because I don't like the idea of port 8080 being open to HTTP traffic. Accessing the system from the app is one thing; someone stumbling upon it from the web is another...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Because I don't like the idea of port 8080 being open to HTTP traffic. Accessing the system from the app is one thing; someone stumbling upon it from the web is another...
if you are concerned about security then you should be using a vpn.....everything that is transmitted to the app can be seen by a pc that has access to the webserver port...