Power adapter for hikvison camera

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys, I'm using the power adapter from my Logitech alert 700e and it works great but I'm looking for something else that I can buy and that will work well with a hikvision ds-2cd2632f-is any suggestions? Thanks

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need one power injector that will connect to my router and another that wil connect to the camera so the data will be transfer using the electrical wire of the house, will the option that you recommended do that?

dalepa

Reaction score
I need one power injector that will connect to my router and another that wil connect to the camera so the data will be transfer using the electrical wire of the house, will the option that you recommended do that?
How about a POE Adapter for Power and a Powerline for Network over the powerlines.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes Dalepa, that is what I need any recommendations? The logitech adapter works great but I can't buy them anymore now, I'm looking for a Replacement one.
thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think your find @Del Boy is the better choice, using local power always is and cheaper, unless the camera is already wired with just one cable.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using these units from the bay with good success for over 8 months:
$6.60 each.
Search for Waterproof 12V 3A AC DC Adapter Power Supply.
Not POE but certainly fits my budget. The 2A version appears to be similar and slightly cheaper.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys, my cameras are wired with cat 6, I have 9 logitech alert 700e cameras, these cams are Poe, so I'm replacing them with hikvision cams but I'm using the cat 6 that is already installed and the power adapters from these cameras. Eventually I want sell these cameras (Logitech) and I will need to find a new power adapter that that will transfer data using the power lines or electrical circuit of the house. So the option of using just a 12v adapter won't work. Like I said early I'm using the backbone of the logitech camera system, It has work great for these hikvision cameras, the problem is that is ones of these power adapters goes bad they are hard to find and they are expensive and for this reason, I'm looking for something else that will do the same work as the Logitech power adapter does ( Poe and transfer data using the power lines).

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could always use a passive splitter cable, this would get over the need for a POE injector.

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You could always use a passive splitter cable, this would get over the need for a POE injector.
Will this help me to transfer data over the power lines and also power the camera? Because that is what I'm looking for.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will this help me to transfer data over the power lines and also power the camera? Because that is what I'm looking for.
No. You probably should've mentioned that in the original post as this is completely different to what you originally specified.

What you need is Power-line and 12v power adapter. PoE and transfer data using power lines is not possible. You can do PoE to power socket and then transfer data using power lines. But it'd be much cheaper and easier not to.