Power Information for Dahua Cameras

mousemouse

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and have been doing a lot of research on IP cameras.

Is there some table available showing the power consumption of the Dahua cameras that are recommended on this site?

I'm trying to figure out which POE switch I need that provides enough power.

My setup will be 7 Dahua cameras (likely some combination of IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and IPC-HDW2231R-ZS)

From my research it seems the cameras each use 9.5 W, so I would need something that provides 66.5 W, but I was wondering if I should get something with a little more power output (like a buffer) than 70W?

Thanks,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there some table available showing the power consumption of the Dahua cameras that are recommended on this site?

My setup will be 7 Dahua cameras (likely some combination of IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and IPC-HDW2231R-ZS)

From my research it seems the cameras each use 9.5 W, so I would need something that provides 66.5 W, but I was wondering if I should get something with a little more power output (like a buffer) than 70W?

Thanks,
These cameras pull about 2-5w (ir on/off). The 9.5 is with the zoom operating and even then i think its high.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks,
Better Go Big, 7 cams will turn into 10 cams.