Power Outage BI

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
In the event there is a power interruption to your BI/PC what steps can be taken to have the PC automatically restart and open BI? I presently have my computer set to restart after an outage and the signin/password screen bypassed. Haven't figured out how to start BI when the power returns. Can BI made to restart and function? If so what steps are necessary to accomplish this? Bentley

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have BI setup to run as a service on my Windows 7 Pro machine, I have the PC BIOS stated to re-power up in the event of power loss, and I have that PC and monitor, along with my PoE switch connected to a 1500w UPS that provides about 3.5 hours of extra run time before battery exhaustion. I also happen to be located on an emergency power grid block, so my rotating outages are slim to none, and maybe perhaps we lose power 3-5 minutes a year, but you never know when the random person will drive into a power pole... a battery backup that also saves your PoE switch, IMHO would be a great addition to any BI monitored system.

Reaction score
If I was to add one thing it would be the ability to start bi camera live feed screen after a power cut or shut down. I really don't understand why there is no option for this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I was to add one thing it would be the ability to start bi camera live feed screen after a power cut or shut down. I really don't understand why there is no option for this?
If you follow the instructions in the link in my post above and in blue iris set blue iris options>startup> window: go full screen video, it will do just that.

Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt responce, I agree there is a work around to make this happen, but wouldn't you agree it would be so much simpler if there was a tick box "show live feeds on startup" please can this be added in the next update?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt responce, I agree there is a work around to make this happen, but wouldn't you agree it would be so much simpler if there was a tick box "show live feeds on startup" please can this be added in the next update?
You would have to ask the developer..however, the problem is a permissions issue, that is why blue iris cannot start on its own..I dont think anything can be done about it..running blue iris as a service as mentioned above is an alternative method..
The link I posted is detailed and should not take more than a few minuets to setup.

Reaction score
After 7 months of using BI and my client complaining everytime his PC restarts and not showing the live feeds, I finally got round to following the instructions in the above link. 3 hours later, BI still doesn't show the live feeds without manually starting the blue iris exe.

To confirm I am running windows 8.1 and blue iris as a service.

Do you have any other workarounds to make this work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After 7 months of using BI and my client complaining everytime his PC restarts and not showing the live feeds, I finally got round to following the instructions in the above link. 3 hours later, BI still doesn't show the live feeds without manually starting the blue iris exe.

To confirm I am running windows 8.1 and blue iris as a service.

Do you have any other workarounds to make this work?
Did you place blue iris in the startup folder? Did you follow the instructions exactly as stated? I have this running on more than 20 machines..zero issues...a simple typo can be the cause.

Reaction score
This is not the best guide to follow as its linking to CCleaner, however I get the drift. Not quite sure why it needs to be so complex. It still doesn't work

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is not the best guide to follow as its linking to CCleaner, however I get the drift. Not quite sure why it needs to be so complex. It still doesn't work
Its just using cc cleaner as an example....if you got to the taskscheduler and manually run the new task, does it start blue iris?