Pre-Trigger Buffer with Sentry

Discussion in 'Sentry' started by BlueWave, Mar 16, 2019.

Share This Page

1. BlueWave

BlueWave n3wb

Small observation I've noticed is that if you have your pre-trigger buffer set high (I had mine at 5 seconds) that when it sends the alert to Sentry for processing it seems to send some of the first frames in the alert which could very likely be nothing if the subject is out of frame during the pre-trigger buffer time.

When I lowered my pre-trigger buffer down to about 1 second that seemed to resolve the issue at the expense of possibly losing some video due to lag, make times....etc.

2. lifeatredline

lifeatredline Getting the hang of it

I run 5 seconds prebuffer on all my cameras. If I go out my front door quickly and off the side of the porch I am only in camera frame 2 seconds. Sentry texted an image of me right in the middle of the camera view.

Not sure exactly what sentry is using for analyses. The only place I've seen any option about including pretrigger images is in configuring email alerts where you can select or disable to include pretrigger image.

3. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Make sure your I frame interval matches your FPS. Blue Iris does not begin recording until a new i frame is sent when using direct to disc

4. BlueWave

BlueWave n3wb

I have set Blue Iris to 15fps per the "Optimizing CPU" page since I have 16 cameras... is there another setting for "i frame" intervals?

5. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

This is done in the camera