Pre-Trigger Record time 5.0 Sec ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I just noticed that, for some reason, almost all my cameras are set to pre-trigger record time of 5.0 sec. I did try to change it to say 2.0 sec, but they keep reverting back to 5.0 for me. Anyone else having this issue ? Or am I missing something, or maybe I'm dealing with some corruption on my end?

I am on realease 5.7.7.3 x64 (5/25/2023) Release.

1685066453056.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New feature purposely introduced....

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
New feature purposely introduced....

Interessting Thank You ! I was like losing my mind What am I doing wrong lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Rollback and all will be well lol

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Wonder why 5 seconds is required? I generally run mine at 3. 5 seemed a little long and unnecessary for most of mine.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Wonder why 5 seconds is required? I generally run mine at 3. 5 seemed a little long and unnecessary for most of mine.
Yeah I am like Playing some of the clip and it is like 5 sec before anything really shows up on the clip. I was first thinking my setting for triggers were off.. I use to keep this at 1.5 to 2 secs.. From the other thread it seems like something to do with the yellow caution icon
which were happening to help with those.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Christ I have mine set to like 10 or 11.
after that motherfucker broke into the Condo, I could see where he was working on jimmying a door before he actually set off motion. Or I could see him coming on the property in substream before triggering a camera.
There were some other incidents at the Condo where having a good 10-15 of prerecord time worked in my favor. Some of it was that it gave me more mainstream footage to look at when shit was happening.
Eventually I think I took subs off 2-3 cams where I was getting more activity.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably to deal with all the complaints he gets about people with Reolinks claiming they are missing trigger motion lol
Could be, but the real issue is that existing Reolink users seem to then go out and buy the newest model in the hope that the issue has now been fixed!

If the fix for them was to increase the pre-trigger and I’m sure I’ve seen threads where this has been suggested it seems a bit off to mandate 5 for everybody even where we have it set to under 5 and everything just worked fine?