Pre-trigger Video Buffer doesn't seem to be working

ipmaniac

n3wb
Reaction score
but pretrigger recording does nto work for me...
tried to set up the i frames but can t find such a setting in my cam setupt. I'm using two vivotek an two reolink cams.
Can you give me advice how to set this up?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
but pretrigger recording does nto work for me...
tried to set up the i frames but can t find such a setting in my cam setupt. I'm using two vivotek an two reolink cams.
Can you give me advice how to set this up?
it does work, you likely have really bad motion settings...see the video tutorials...
reolink is a scam company and does not allow for iframe interval settings..but even so your issue is more with improper blue iris motion detection settings...post you settings.

ipmaniac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I think I have it running. You inspired me to fix around with the trigger settings an recognized that the triggering is later than expected. I moved arround with my laptop in front of the cams. Then I waited for the triggering symbol an raised my arm. So I could check the pre trigger.
Have to do further testing.
But I figured out, that the pre trigger seconds not fit. I put in 15s and the pre trigger ist about 8s. But thats no problem. I can test this out.
Thank you fenderman!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I think I have it running. You inspired me to fix around with the trigger settings an recognized that the triggering is later than expected. I moved arround with my laptop in front of the cams. Then I waited for the triggering symbol an raised my arm. So I could check the pre trigger.
Have to do further testing.
But I figured out, that the pre trigger seconds not fit. I put in 15s and the pre trigger ist about 8s. But thats no problem. I can test this out.
Thank you fenderman!
If it takes 7 seconds to trigger your settings are very wrong.

ipmaniac

n3wb
Reaction score
No, it does not take 7 Seconds, but the pre recording is only 7 seconds though I programed 15 seconds.
triggering takes about 1-2 seconds.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it does not take 7 Seconds, but the pre recording is only 7 seconds though I programed 15 seconds.
triggering takes about 1-2 seconds.
Yes because you have it setup incorrectly you will miss important video

ipmaniac

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in the office and can't post my settings. Will do that next time.
But at the moment everythin is running fine. I have 7 seconds footage bevor an evnt occours.