Pre-trigger video buffer issues

Megabite

n3wb
Reaction score
Running latest version of BI and 8MP Hikvision cams. Cam is set to record when triggered, which it does, however the pre-trigger video buffer is set at 5 sec. When reviewing video I am not seeing the buffered 5 seconds of video. Read another thread here that mentions setting the iframe interval and frame rate on the camera software to the same. Due to being configured for H.265 and + ON the iframe setting are greyed out and cannot be adjusted on my Hikvision camera.

upload_2018-4-2_17-54-35.png

I assume there must be a frame timing issue running H.265+. Is the 5 sec determined by frame count or time of recording? Anyone know of a work around?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Running latest version of BI and 8MP Hikvision cams. Cam is set to record when triggered, which it does, however the pre-trigger video buffer is set at 5 sec. When reviewing video I am not seeing the buffered 5 seconds of video. Read another thread here that mentions setting the iframe interval and frame rate on the camera software to the same. Due to being configured for H.265 and + ON the iframe setting are greyed out and cannot be adjusted on my Hikvision camera.

View attachment 28236

I assume there must be a frame timing issue running H.265+. Is the 5 sec determined by frame count or time of recording? Anyone know of a work around?
h.265+ is not compatible with blue iris or any other vms...its proprietary to hikvision...set to h.265 then match the iframe interval

Megabite

n3wb
Reaction score
When turning of the "+" option of the camera the bit rate as viewed on BI cam status more than doubles. Guess the option is run H.265+ for continuous recording to save on storage size, or turn off "+" when recording on trigger only and utilizing pre-trigger recording values. Good to be aware of.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When turning of the "+" option of the camera the bit rate as viewed on BI cam status more than doubles. Guess the option is run H.265+ for continuous recording to save on storage size, or turn off "+" when recording on trigger only and utilizing pre-trigger recording values. Good to be aware of.
Your recordings will be messed up...+ Is not suppoteds...buy a larger hard drive