Prebuffer setting ignored in 5.0.2.0?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I finally got around to the 5.x upgrade going from the last 4.x release to 5.0.1.0 - I've updated to 5.0.2.0 today and it seems my cameras are now ignoring the prebuffer setting (I have it set to 3 seconds for triggered motion).

Is anyone else seeing this please?

Looking at the captured alerts this was working fine in 5.0.1.0 and has only started on 5.0.2.0 - possibly something to do with the new alert code for the AI post processing? I just wanted to check before I log a support ticket.

Thanks

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally got around to the 5.x upgrade going from the last 4.x release to 5.0.1.0 - I've updated to 5.0.2.0 today and it seems my cameras are now ignoring the prebuffer setting (I have it set to 3 seconds for triggered motion).

Is anyone else seeing this please?

Looking at the captured alerts this was working fine in 5.0.1.0 and has only started on 5.0.2.0 - possibly something to do with the new alert code for the AI post processing? I just wanted to check before I log a support ticket.
I have Pre-Trigger video buffer set to 3 seconds on all my cameras. I have not noticed any problems where a motion triggered event does not include the 3 seconds of video before the trigger. Does your camera's Frame rate match the I-Frame interval?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You've upgraded to 5.0.2.0 which was released yesterday?

This setup has been fine for two years until 5.0.2.0.

In terms of iframe I've got a mixture of some matching and some set at double the frame rate.

I'm just upgrading Windows to 1903 to see how that goes.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think the pre-trigger buffer has been working at all in 5. I had it set to 2, now I've increased it to 3, and it definately doesn't start the clip 3 seconds before the actual trigger.