Preset gain, shutter, mode?

duhtroll

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - first timer here -

I have been using v.4 with my Sunba 601-D20X for the front of my house and an Amcrest ProHD for my entryway.

I have modified the Sunba's settings to eliminate the IR since the low light vision on this camera is excellent, and I have a HID streetlamp just off my property that lights the area well.

My question is, I have not been able to figure out how to program gain, shutter, mode in the presets and want to know if it is possible. Some areas under the streetlamp are somewhat washed out at night, especially with the snow, but I also have to account for the darker areas on the edges of the cam view.

Experimenting with manual gain and shutter has solved the washout but I'd like to have this adjustment made automatically for this and one other preset position.

Is it possible to have a preset position with different shutter and gain levels? If so, how? I am new to the software but don't see anything like this in the options yet -- I could be missing it.

Thanks - happy holidays all -

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You would have to write your own script...you can do it with even schedule based on time of day/sunrise sunset.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need real WDR (not DWDR) for what you want to accomplish (color mode with some areas under exposed and other areas over exposed)

It takes multiple exposures at various shutter speeds and then merges the results into a single frame thats far more balanced chroma.

duhtroll

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman I think I know what you mean - does the software have an option that automatically adjusts for changes in sunrise/set or will I have to update the timing manually every few weeks or so?

Nayr I am assuming that what you are referring to is beyond both my hardware and my knowledge. Maybe in the future I will decide I need that sort of upgrade but I'm not looking to add cost at this point.

Thank you for the replies.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It will adjust relative to sunrise sunset..You need to enter your coordinates

duhtroll

n3wb
Reaction score
The software detected my coordinates automatically it seems, based upon my network. Will give that a shot - thanks.